2024 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 24 - 26

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
langedweil

Re: 2024 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 24 - 26

basti313 wrote:
28 May 2024, 12:39
langedweil wrote:
28 May 2024, 11:58
basti313 wrote:
28 May 2024, 10:22

Well...they do not even have to go for special tires. Just not use the C3. It is just a stupid rule to have a tire that can go twice the race distance just by the rule. If they would just go with C5 and C4 or maybe even just the C5 it would be a good solution.
I'd opt for C5 only then ..
Yes...I just had a look at the timing and Stroll basically did 25 laps in a for him good pace on the C5 without signs that show much degradation. So the C4 and C5 do not even make sense, that would still be a one-stopper at max.
Then C7 😎
HuggaWugga !

Andres125sx

bluechris wrote:
30 May 2024, 10:46

The main problem is not Monaco per se, its the tyres as we all know and secondly that the F1 cars weight like a Bentley and have the size of Mini trucks. This Pirelli joke after FIA instructions has gone too far IMO. We see the same problem so many years in all tracks but noone does anything for this.
Some people here have said to bring a Super Super Super soft tyre at least only for Monaco, that will last max 20 laps no matter how you drive and I wish for that.
In the F2 race, there were times that the lap times there was equal with some laps in the F1 race.... this is madness.
That´s not true, tires are the same for every track, but only at Monaco race pase is so freaking slow.

Reason is not the tires, reason is they can´t overtake, so it´s useless wasting your tires for nothing, you can be soooo slow that medium tires (C4) are enough for the whole race and even at that slow race pace, none will have a chance to pass

C5 will solve nothing, they´re almost the same they used. Tires that last 20 laps no matter how you drive? That do not exist, they´re tires not magic stones, how hard you use them will always impact lifetime

Tires are a problem at any other GP, in Monaco there´s an even bigger problem

basti313
basti313

Andres125sx wrote:
31 May 2024, 08:04
bluechris wrote:
30 May 2024, 10:46

The main problem is not Monaco per se, its the tyres as we all know and secondly that the F1 cars weight like a Bentley and have the size of Mini trucks. This Pirelli joke after FIA instructions has gone too far IMO. We see the same problem so many years in all tracks but noone does anything for this.
Some people here have said to bring a Super Super Super soft tyre at least only for Monaco, that will last max 20 laps no matter how you drive and I wish for that.
In the F2 race, there were times that the lap times there was equal with some laps in the F1 race.... this is madness.
That´s not true, tires are the same for every track, but only at Monaco race pase is so freaking slow.

Reason is not the tires, reason is they can´t overtake, so it´s useless wasting your tires for nothing, you can be soooo slow that medium tires (C4) are enough for the whole race and even at that slow race pace, none will have a chance to pass

C5 will solve nothing, they´re almost the same they used. Tires that last 20 laps no matter how you drive? That do not exist, they´re tires not magic stones, how hard you use them will always impact lifetime

Tires are a problem at any other GP, in Monaco there´s an even bigger problem
Well...it depends what you understand on "Pirelli joke"...
For me the main Pirelli joke is, that they constantly play save on the tires. Since some blew up because of a bad sidewall they go harder and harder, nearly every race is a one stop.
So yes...the C5 is part of the issue and it is already too hard.
Once Monaco is a two stopper nearly all slow driving is gone. I do not see any other truth or solution.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Mogster

I see no reason not to try the C5 only idea next year. I don’t see how it could make things worse. Even the drivers are suggesting it.

I have supported Pirelli in the past. However they seem unable to get on top of the thermal deg issue. It’s time to give someone else a go.

bluechris

Mogster wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 22:10
I see no reason not to try the C5 only idea next year. I don’t see how it could make things worse. Even the drivers are suggesting it.

I have supported Pirelli in the past. However they seem unable to get on top of the thermal deg issue. It’s time to give someone else a go.
Is there really thermal deg issue if they let the teams put any pressure they want like the old days?