2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FNTC
FNTC
25
Joined: 03 Nov 2023, 21:27

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post


TyreSlip
TyreSlip
0
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 16:38

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

GhostF1 wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 05:06
TyreSlip wrote: ↑
28 Sep 2026, 22:33
SSJ4 wrote: ↑
28 Sep 2026, 22:11
suppose the good thing about this weekend its a returning track and track Fernando is extremely good at. Hopefully some rain to spice up the weekend.
Rain would be the only hope with the two long straights. I am looking forward more to Singapore. Lots of braking and opportunities to recharge the battery.
I was looking forward to Singapore, but Alonso poured water over that and mentioned Singapore is a more power-thirsty track than Hungary and that Singapore is ranked "5th or something" on the tracks where power is important. How true that is, I'm not sure with these regs.
Singapore has a lot of short brake zones, so I can imagine teams will be trying to aggressively regen everywhere and can foresee plenty of moments where it'll cause a driveability issue if there's one little mistake, and drastically so if there's a driver error causing the deploy algorithm to get confused, much like Bottas had at Baku.

Every track from now to the end of the season looks grim for us to be honest.
Yes, I am probably kidding myself. On paper, Singapore looks to be the best on paper, but that does not mean the package will be competitive. I am resigned that this year is over.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip
0
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 16:38

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Jambier wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 13:32
Some people are also speaking about age: With this generation of cars, being 46 or 47 years old is not an issue at all I believe.
I would argue that Alonso is in better physical shape than most of the drivers. He referenced how Qatar 2023 wore almost everybody out and he was fine after the race.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip
0
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 16:38

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

FNTC wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:00
I am happy that Alonso is continuing but do not see the point of him staying only for 2027.

User avatar
diffuser
258
Joined: 07 Sep 2012, 13:55
Location: Montreal

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

TyreSlip wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:28
GhostF1 wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 05:06
TyreSlip wrote: ↑
28 Sep 2026, 22:33


Rain would be the only hope with the two long straights. I am looking forward more to Singapore. Lots of braking and opportunities to recharge the battery.
I was looking forward to Singapore, but Alonso poured water over that and mentioned Singapore is a more power-thirsty track than Hungary and that Singapore is ranked "5th or something" on the tracks where power is important. How true that is, I'm not sure with these regs.
Singapore has a lot of short brake zones, so I can imagine teams will be trying to aggressively regen everywhere and can foresee plenty of moments where it'll cause a driveability issue if there's one little mistake, and drastically so if there's a driver error causing the deploy algorithm to get confused, much like Bottas had at Baku.

Every track from now to the end of the season looks grim for us to be honest.
Yes, I am probably kidding myself. On paper, Singapore looks to be the best on paper, but that does not mean the package will be competitive. I am resigned that this year is over.
But not yet ? ;)

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik
0
Joined: 01 Nov 2023, 16:17

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

TyreSlip wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:32
FNTC wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:00
I am happy that Alonso is continuing but do not see the point of him staying only for 2027.
He already said is not the last.

Fernando Alonso: “One more year, and I doubt it’ll be the last. I still feel like I have an extra edge over the other drivers.”

Badger
Badger
48
Joined: 22 Sep 2025, 17:00

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Rikrikrik wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:39
TyreSlip wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:32
I am happy that Alonso is continuing but do not see the point of him staying only for 2027.
He already said is not the last.

Fernando Alonso: “One more year, and I doubt it’ll be the last. I still feel like I have an extra edge over the other drivers.”
The engine?

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik
0
Joined: 01 Nov 2023, 16:17

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Badger wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:43
Rikrikrik wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:39
TyreSlip wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:32
I am happy that Alonso is continuing but do not see the point of him staying only for 2027.
He already said is not the last.

Fernando Alonso: “One more year, and I doubt it’ll be the last. I still feel like I have an extra edge over the other drivers.”
The engine?
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/arti ... e0gz51g36o

Badger
Badger
48
Joined: 22 Sep 2025, 17:00

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Rikrikrik wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:46
Badger wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:43
Rikrikrik wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 14:39
He already said is not the last.

Fernando Alonso: “One more year, and I doubt it’ll be the last. I still feel like I have an extra edge over the other drivers.”
The engine?
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/arti ... e0gz51g36o
I was only joking :lol: But I can't understand what is really in it for Fernando at this stage. This engine is going to take years to sort out, what's the point of going around at the back at 46? He already suffered this fate from 2015-2018 and it led to his first retirement. The situation with the engine now looks arguably worse than back then, Honda looks completely lost.