Help Belatti choose a new economical vehicle

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Help Belatti choose a new economical vehicle

Belatti

Will you consider one of these?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-YAMAHA-R6-RE ... 27b2d18467
Yes my R6 is now for sale.... :(

And andrew 1.0 getting 35-40mpg??? how are you driving it mate...like you stole it??? :lol:
More could have been done.
David Purley

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

It does go upto into the 40s if your a careful driver but there is something to remember here. "Nothing handles like a hire car"* or a pool car! :lol:

*Bill Bailey, Top Gear.

Belatti
Belatti

Yep, its a nice bike for a nice price. Here you would paid above USD 12K for that.

http://motos.mercadolibre.com.ar/deportivas/yamaha-r6

However, Im a throttle nuts and have always had bad experiences with bikes. Its like giving a shotgun to a monkey :mrgreen:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

JohnsonsEvilTwin

[quote="Belatti"However, Im a throttle nuts and have always had bad experiences with bikes. Its like giving a shotgun to a monkey :mrgreen:[/quote]

Thats precisely why Im selling it. That exhaust by mig pushes the power up to 120Bhp on somthing that weighs around 260kgs with me on it. :D
I gunned it on sunday near Bournemouth and dropped a Porsche Turbo as if it was a panel van, when I looked down the speedo was saying 126mph....

No longer for me, although I have considered turning this into a track bike, much safer in that environment.

Back on topic, did Argentina get the bug eyed Toyota Corrola?
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

I sold a patent recently, why I'm thinking of buying my favourite mistress a new set of wheels, how about this one;

http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Porsche ... m?ca=8&w=3

13 kEUR at 120 000 km, not bad eh?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Thats a VW, not a porsche :lol:
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

And what makes you think I would buy her a real Porsche, she's not that spectacular, a Porsche-engined Audi will do fine?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

JohnsonsEvilTwin

xpensive wrote:And what makes you think I would buy her a real Porsche, she's not that spectacular, a Porsche-engined Audi will do fine?
:lol: Can she handle lift-off oversteer? If so, whack her in a Peugoet 106 GTI.
Lovely little things that will make you/her smile. Just dont take it onto a motorway...
David Purley

Giblet
Giblet

How about this? A Honda Beat with a Hyabusa engine installed in the rear.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Belatti
Belatti

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: Back on topic, did Argentina get the bug eyed Toyota Corrola?
Yeah why? Its too old for me, I want something new that doesnt take time or more money for spare parts.

My 0KM Clio 1.2 liter is in the way. Agility for the city is what I need right now... and a small engine taking into account the fuel price rised 25% in the last year.
However, when I have to travel more than 200 miles I will try to do so in a friends or my fathers vehicle :lol:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

Belatti
Belatti

Just to tell, last week I got the Clio. A crap compared to the Audi, but fairly serves its purpose. Plus, I hope not to spend a dime in repairings for at least 2 years. Am I being naive here?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Belatti wrote:Just to tell, last week I got the Clio. A crap compared to the Audi, but fairly serves its purpose. Plus, I hope not to spend a dime in repairings for at least 2 years. Am I being naive here?
Belatti,

you are a car afficionado correct? Why take the economical option?
If you bought the car new on the premise that its cheaper to run then you will be shocked when its time to sell. Depreciation will nullify any savings you may have had by getting a new car(at least it would here in the UK).

Its not a bad choice given that you are limited to what is available in Argentina, I understand that. However, I would easily take a 20 year old 190E or 10 year old Corrolla over a clio, and I will bet they will be more reliable and even cheaper to repair. Horses for courses as they say, but dont let anyone tell you the Clio is a bad car or bad choice.

Good luck with it and may your replacement be more YOU and less MONEY! :lol:
David Purley

Belatti
Belatti

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: Depreciation will nullify any savings you may have had by getting a new car(at least it would here in the UK)
Depreciation is not that big here compared to Britain. Used cars are expensive. Probably my car will still cost 80% of its price in three years.
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: However, I would easily take a 20 year old 190E or 10 year old Corrolla over a clio, and I will bet they will be more reliable and even cheaper to repair.
The 190E doesnt exist here. Imported cars spare parts cost a fortune and are hard to get. You brake something and you will have to take the bus for a week. I dont need that anymore. Used national -cheaper then 0KM- cars always needs something to be done: shocks, pads or belt replacing. And you never know how did the guy who owned it used it.

I prefer something new, thanks.

BTW, 500 miles with a tank and I still got fuel :wink:

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Belatti,

My condolences to you then. :lol:

strange how market forces vary from continent to continent, but then I guess in your part of the world reliable transport means somting totally different to what it does here in the UK.

Good luck anyway.
David Purley

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

You're beginning to sound a bit condescending JET, why not just accept his good judgment and options?

As has been the norm, you're just trying to push your opinions and tastes down someone else's throat.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.