engine mappings

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Steven
Owner

engine mappings

Hi all!

I know that the engine mappings and revs can be found on the BMW engine for theirs. I find that more than interesting, as most of you might :wink:
The point is I'd like to know if there are other locations where to find such graphics? Comparison is the main principle to improve, and trying of course :P So, anyone?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Humm....where did you find this information?....If you found it on the Williams BMW website....I sadly inform you that those "statistics" aren't the real thing they're just there to give us an idea....they're no way close to the real values of the BMW engine. It's more or less a publicity stunt!

arisen
arisen

Do you mean telemetry graphs? There is a shot from F1live:

Not related, but also a shot of traction control settings:

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Interesting pics.....both of them were taken at Monaco...you can see the telemetry print out that first gear was engaged tthree time! (ex-Loews now the train station and after the tunnel....you're coming in sixth and reduce to first.......then at La-Rascasse.....you can also follow the circuit following the speed line...

the lines at the bottom are the suspension parameters....but I can't figure out what the red line is......nor the "electro cardio gram" in the middle of the page!!! :P lol and no....none of them are the RPM curves!

arisen
arisen

I think there are 2 laps on that sheet, with different color lines, one is dark red (and it’s the current lap) and the other one is light blue, (being used as a reference lap). The big red line is time difference between the two. When it goes up time is lost, compared to the reference lap.

For example, turn one was taken in third gear in the blue lap and in second the red lap. The big red line shows he lost some time under braking (braked early maybe) but got a better exit out of the corner and gained some time after.

He lost a lot of time entering turn 2, you can clearly see the speed difference trough that corner.

The line at the bottom is throttle - you can see for ex. he lifted off briefly before entering the bending part of the tunnel, more on the blue lap, and very little on the red lap.

The "electro cardio gram" I think is something to do with suspension, probably damper velocity; it's spiking really hard over the kerbs, specially turn 8. You can also see the spike over the “bump” on the straight between turn 3 and 4.

At the end of the lap he went in the pits, the time difference goes right up...

Lot’s of interesting stuff going on there :shock:

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

yup you're correct....I didn't pay to much attention to the readout.
now that you mention it, all you said is correct...and I made a fool of myself! lolol :P