Gulf Wyer GT40s and 917s In Action

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
strad

Gulf Wyer GT40s and 917s In Action

Ok...Something a little different..
Never Start Something You Can't Stop
‘Never Start Something You Can’t Stop’ concentrates on the efforts of the John Wyer team of Gulf Ford GT40s to win the 1968 Le Mans 24 hour race. It begins with a fast lap around the 8.4-mile circuit viewed from a GT40. In the race Rodriguez and Bianchi provided a first Le Mans victory for themselves and Gulf Oil and a second victory for John Wyer who had also won in 1959 with his Aston Martin team. This was the third successive win for Ford.
Click photo for video...294Mb...27½ min.
and
A Year To Remember
‘A Year To Remember’ is a marvellous record of John Wyer’s highly successful 1970 season when his fabulous Gulf Porsche 917s swept to victory in seven out of ten Championship races. During the film John Wyer, Pedro Rodriguez and Seppi Siffert appear from time to time providing a poignant reminder of the personalities who made such a great contribution to motor racing.
525Mb...32½ min
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

flynfrog

Re: Gulf Wyer GT40s and 917s In Action

awesome strad!

Oddly enough the picture of the 917 in gulf paint sceme was the picture I took to the store when painting my garage. :lol:

bhall
bhall

Re: Gulf Wyer GT40s and 917s In Action

"Never Start Something You Can't Stop"

Is that also your video posting philosophy?

EDIT: I think it's great. No one can (reasonably) argue against the value of learning from history.