MP4/19

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Mclaren11
Mclaren11

MP4/19

Ron Dennis has said that the MP4/18 will run this year as well as next. He Has also said that the MP4/19 will be running by the end of this year. This means that the McLaren crew will be juggling three cars at once, the MP4/17D, the MP4/18A, and the MP4/19A...WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Hummm.....that is really strange.....at the Monaco GP Adrian Newey said he wouldn't design a new car untill the summer of 2004! So I think it's really strange for twhat you said to happen!

walter
walter

Perhaps the MP4/19 will be a car that is not as radical as the MP4/18, it seems that the change of strategy over the construction and introduction of the MP4/19 is in the midst of Mclaren stuggling to make the MP4/18 reliable, fast, and most of all safe by FIA regulations. Perhaps by making something new that will surely not be such a hassle as the MP4/18 will pay off better than making something radical.

Duact
Duact

About developing three cars at once...

I don't think it's really that hard to work on 3 cars. The same principle on all cars. It sounds ruff, but it's basically the same car in different shapes. Same materials in different shapes I believe... if even that...
Perhaps MP4-18 is too small? That they have to make it little bigger, but the same or sometimes similar principle and stuff on both? Correct me if I got it wrong...

Steven
Owner

Well I think it's kind of stupid anyway.
It must however mean that the MP4/19 is closely related to the MP4/18, because it would otherwise make no sense at all.
If this is actually true, which I still am not sure because newey told he would not develop another car soon, I think the MP4/19 will be something like an MP4/18D. They have to address some serious stuff on that new car, like the heating problems. :?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Sope they do develop 3 cars at once....that means.....extra engineers needed......that means work for me!!!!! hahahahaha.........and if they don't want engineers....I doon't mind being a mechanic!! :P hehehe

F1freak
F1freak

So how does one go about applying for such a job anyways. I'm sure they're not listed on Monster.com. :lol:

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

It isn't as easy as it seems....first the team has to post a add in a news paper or specialized magazine (like Autosport).....then you send your Cv....the arrange na interview....and after that you might..... :P

But it isn't so easy...I've heard tems recieve about 200 letters a week....from people looking for work.....so.......last week I applied for a test mechanic vacancy at BAR......the aplication closed yesterday...and I'm still waiting for a reply.....

powerful_paji
powerful_paji

it is a stupid idea to be running 3 cars in one year

running 3 cars in one year is pretty dangerous... the sole reason why mercedes pulled out of rallying was they brought 3 models into one rally... mixing spare parts caused all sorts of problems... Perhaps they need to remmember this before they can continue here :S hint hint :P

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

....well....what you mean is: SHI* HAPPENS!!!!

dcdabest
dcdabest

MP4-19

Previously, Ron Dennis (or one of the other big-boys at McLaren) has stated that they would release the new car in two states. Firstly, the MP4-18A would be released fairly early (they have slipped up somewhat there) and then towards the end of the year a MP4-18X car would be raced. This variant would supposedly contain the revolutionary gearbox and any other "high risk" features McLaren had been developing. It is quite possible that they have renamed this "X" variant to the MP4-19 for some (commercial?) reason. I am not sure how they can release it before then end of this year when the "lower-risk" MP4-18A is so unreliable though

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

yup you are correct today I read that what you just said is true.....there will be no "new" car.....it will be a development or a renamed MP4-18! the MP4-19 will not be a entirly new car....it will be like a MP4-17D!!!! (D for devolpment.....like the guys at F1Racing like to point it out)

Steven
Owner

now that we're talking about the development of new cars at McLaren...
It's even more stupid, as where failing a first crash test is common, the second test of the MP4/18 failed again. The side impact failed by the smallest margin that was possible.

I think with this test-stop, most of the teams will have a little rest now, but I sure can think of some jobs to make the McLaren engineers do :lol:

akbar21881
akbar21881

so mp4-18 failed its second crash test. and mclaren said the car was too radical becoz they overestimate how ferrari f2003 would be.hahaha..good excuse.

i think the sidepod of mp4-18 is too narrow. it looks narrow compared to other cars. and i'm suprised how they managed to pass front crash test. if i'm not misaken, the nose cone can't deformed by more than 60 cm. but with their nose, i think it will bend downwards. what do you people think?

if this car will evolve into mp4-19, it seems that they are so many things that need to be changed. and we are already in july. if they have to redesign the side crash structure,solve overheating probs and other reliability problems i think mclaren is in panic now!! unless they want to start next season with MP4-17E. :D

-shr3d-
-shr3d-

hey all..... yeah i think Mclaren have just realised how hard it is to design, build and test a new car while still developing and racing the old car this far into the season.
But Ron Dennis has recently said that maybe they should have called the MP-17D the MP-18 cause it is so different from last years car....i reserve judgement on that fact but cant wait for them to get the new one sorted and race it....
good luck with the job application monstro, keep us informed.... :)