Drive with underweight

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Steven
Owner

Drive with underweight

hi, what I was just thinking of here, not checked in regulations though...

I actually think it is possible to drive in races with a lower weight than the minimum needed in F1. See you get fuel for say 20 laps, this is when the car is checked before the race. Suppose this is 60 kg above the minimum weight. Now say there is actually 80 liters in the car, that would mean that at the end of your stint, you drive 20 kg under the minimum :wink:

Cool isn't it :P

akbar21881
akbar21881

hey...thats what i ask you guys a month ago. cool isn't it? running with less than minimum weight at the end of the stint will give you a banzai lap times. but make sure the last pit stop is a bit longer(put extra fuel) or else one will be disqualified for underweight!

--- you!!

for..
die-hard FERRARI fans....

mihael

The car can never be underweight, the FIA know the weight of every car witout ballast, fuel, fluids etc, and the car which is scrutineered at the end will have the weight of the remaining fuel deducted. Its quite simple really.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Akbar....and Tomba.....when arbar posted a topic on this subject I answered what the "guest" answered!!!! It's quite simple....it is impossiblible to be underweight without the FIA knowing.....or finding out!

Steven
Owner

hmmm well suppose you have an accident or something, a very small collision at the time you are by rule not heavy enough.

Can't marshals decide to weigh the car at that time? Any car can be controlled at the end of a GrandPrix isn't it?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Welll...at least the point scoring (I not sure if the other ones are,cause I say something abouyt this a few weeks ago) cars are weighed at the end of the race....so it all depends how you finish!

akbar21881
akbar21881

Underweight or not, I feel damn bored have to wait three weeks for F1. Why F1 need to take summer break? For a fanatic like me, F1 should be weekly... :D hehehehe

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

yeah!!!...they don't even have holidays!!!There's just a 3 week period without a race...cause back at the factories they're working hard!!!!

akbar21881
akbar21881

yeah i know. but then as a television viewer, 3 weeks is a very long actually. especially when the championship is fiercely battled like it is now.