Substance Sponsorship in Formula 1 - what do you think?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
gieca2409
gieca2409

Substance Sponsorship in Formula 1 - what do you think?

I’m sure you all know historic sponsorship deals that created iconic liveries with Marlboro, Rothman's or Camels.
But as the years passed by, tobacco and alcohol brands disappeared (not entirely :wink: ) from the race cars as new regulations and restrictions were established due to ethicality of promoting addictive substances in the sport.

Do you care about what brands are sponsoring your favourite teams?
Currently, there are a couple of deals in F1 that can be perceived as “substance advertising” including, McLaren's sponsors: BAT nicotine brands (Velo and Vuse) and Jack Daniels, F1 Global Partner: Heineken, Ferrari Trento, and many others promoting 0,0% alcohol alternatives or nicotine products.

I'm a student in University of Economics and Business in Wrocław, and I'm writing my bachelor thesis about Substance Sponsorships in Formula 1. I have a quick (two minutes max) anonymous survey for my research in the thesis. I'm really curious about your opinion on those sponsorships.
Thanks for the help in advance!
https://forms.gle/hma1ymDeMiEABNHB6

But I would love to start a discussion in the comments also 😎🏎

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Re: Substance Sponsorship in Formula 1 - what do you think?

Vuse also sells non nicotine vape products. Vape is 95+% safer according to the UK govts own study.

Evidence is showing that the slow rollback and phase out of tobacco played a part in creating the obesity crisis. Instead of smoking , ppl have chips or candy on the go constantly and eat lots of fast food. Vape represents a safe alternative to smoking and we will probably start to notice a reduction in the obesity crisis finally.

I don't have a problem with these companies sponsoring F1 cars.

I also don't understand why alcohol got wrapped up in this. Where did all the beer sponsors go ? I wish it would go back to the 90's when there was a Budweiser and Miller Nascar , Indycar and top fuel dragster. And a bunch of other series i can't think of.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Re: Substance Sponsorship in Formula 1 - what do you think?

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 17:00
Vuse also sells non nicotine vape products. Vape is 95+% safer according to the UK govts own study.

Evidence is showing that the slow rollback and phase out of tobacco played a part in creating the obesity crisis. Instead of smoking , ppl have chips or candy on the go constantly and eat lots of fast food. Vape represents a safe alternative to smoking and we will probably start to notice a reduction in the obesity crisis finally.

I don't have a problem with these companies sponsoring F1 cars.

I also don't understand why alcohol got wrapped up in this. Where did all the beer sponsors go ? I wish it would go back to the 90's when there was a Budweiser and Miller Nascar , Indycar and top fuel dragster. And a bunch of other series i can't think of.
There is growing anecdotal evidence that vaping is the lesser of 2 evils when it comes to nicotine. That said, it's no worse than alcohol.

Personally I think tobacco sponsorship should definitely be banned. However I have no issue with alcohol company sponsorship and by that logic vaping companies. I cannot imagine anyone is going to start drinking or start vaping just because they sponsor an F1 team.

If we banned all of those, then we should probably also ban fizzy drink and energy drink sponsorship......ooohh.....

I'll tell you one sponsor that I would love to see in F1... Lego!!