F1 in Schools front wing material

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
alotoff1inschools
alotoff1inschools

F1 in Schools front wing material

Greetings, as mentioned in the title, my teammates and I (currently in 10th grade) will be participating in our country' s nationals for the f1 in schools competition in late September. The thing is, we cannot seem to agree on the best material to manufacture the front wing out of. Our options include PLA, ECO resin and even acetal. Which of these seem like the best fit for a lightweight structure that can withstand impact of high speeds? Feel free to recommend any other material that we might have overlooked and thank you in advance!!! (PS: Please forgive any language errors, I' m not a native)

Stu

Re: F1 in Schools front wing material

Considering the size/scale & speed, low drag & low mass should be your objectives. A simple vac-formed structure with three mounting points would be a good move. Some strength can be created with the shape, it will deform in an impact and you could make spares.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

SiLo

Re: F1 in Schools front wing material

I did this years ago at school. Honestly the ones that win are the ones with the least drag, so low profile wedges or tubes.
Felipe Baby!