Round object placed on “dashboard” at end of race

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
herronpeter
herronpeter

Round object placed on “dashboard” at end of race

I have repeatedly seen Max V (and other drivers) take a round object and place it on top of the “dash” at the end of the race prior to removing the wheel and standing up. This thing is about the size of a gas cap. I have tried many different search engines to try to identify what it is with no luck. Could somebody please tell me what this is? Enquiring mind wants to know!!

Thanks

Peter

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Re: Round object placed on “dashboard” at end of race

herronpeter wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 21:42
I have repeatedly seen Max V (and other drivers) take a round object and place it on top of the “dash” at the end of the race prior to removing the wheel and standing up. This thing is about the size of a gas cap. I have tried many different search engines to try to identify what it is with no luck. Could somebody please tell me what this is? Enquiring mind wants to know!!

Thanks

Peter
Their belt’s camlock.

herronpeter
herronpeter

Re: Round object placed on “dashboard” at end of race

I thought that’s what it might have been. The other thing I thought was some kind of electronic device like an ignition interlock or lap counter that had to be reset. Thank you for the information.

Peter