I've created an F1 Regulations Assistant using ChatGPT's GPTBuilder.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
KhazP
KhazP

I've created an F1 Regulations Assistant using ChatGPT's GPTBuilder.

Hello Everyone!

I've worked for some time on this one, I've fed over 30 documents from FIA, and other sources, including Sporting Codes, Circuit Related Info, i.e., Light Signals, Tube Insert Tyre Barrier Regs, Car Homologations, Technical Lists, Test House Lists, FIA Standard Lists, Driver Equipment Lists, i.e., HANS Device, Helmet, Clothing Mats and Safety Equipment Regs, Medical Information, the whole database of F1 from 1950 (720K lines of data), and much more.

The CustomGPT also analyzes images and cross-references them with the regulations to determine if they comply or not, or it simply provides its own thoughts.

I'd like you hear your though, and how can I go on about making it better.

I've also configured it to refer to FIA Documents Website for up-to-date information. It can read PDFs on websites so it's working somewhat great.

Though it's far off from a perfect assistant, I hope it's helpful to you people.

Link: https://chatgpt.com/g/g-eaNLvlHI7-f1-re ... -assistant

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

Re: I've created an F1 Regulations Assistant using ChatGPT's GPTBuilder.

Good job, wasted a good half hour of my boss' time on this. Seems to work quite well, except that it claims Spanish drivers don't get harsher penalties, but otherwise it works well.

DDopey
DDopey

Hmmmm, interesting.

"Can you say in a short and concise answer, when moving under braking does not cause the attacking driver to take evasive or sudden actions, and it does not cause danger, if it is allowed ?"

"Yes, moving under braking is allowed if it does not cause the attacking driver to take evasive or sudden actions and does not pose any danger."

But nice implementation. Looks like it does its job.

karana
karana

DDopey wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 12:34
Hmmmm, interesting.

"Can you say in a short and concise answer, when moving under braking does not cause the attacking driver to take evasive or sudden actions, and it does not cause danger, if it is allowed ?"
I replaced "allowed" with "still forbidden" and got the following response:

"Yes, moving under braking is still forbidden even if it does not cause the attacking driver to take evasive or sudden actions and does not cause danger. The FIA has made it clear that any change of direction under braking to defend a position is likely to result in a penalty, emphasizing safety and fair competition​"

KhazP
KhazP

I've tried optimizing the GPT by categorizing its knowledge base better and simplifying its instructions. Maybe that's the reason?