Monty podiums NASCAR

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Heikkirocks
Heikkirocks

Monty podiums NASCAR

Never been a great fan of JPM, but hats off, well done on P3 at Talldaga.. didn't slag off F1 either!! maybe time to start watching another series.

geoclassic
geoclassic

JP did a good job in yesterday's race. He respected the the other driver's and didn't do anything stupid. I can't believe the race was called for darkness. It would have been interesting to see if he could have won in a 5-6 lap shoot out. He also received praise from the other drivers for his driving. Also, saw a story about JV and Nascar, if course it may be a one race deal as the Busch series will race in Montreal next year. With Marcus Ambrose moving up in class next year, Trucks to Busch series, I may have to pay a little more attention to NASCAR.

JV story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_yl ... &type=lgns

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

The track organizer has recognized that he can draw more fans with a NASCAR event thann the slagging Champ car. He also was aware of the NASCAR Busch race where many Cup regulars whowed up for the large purse and drew a lot of fans and media attention.
That is his roadmap, to get a Busch race there, draw a lot of Cup regulars to it too. So Montoya seems a shoe-in, especially since it's a road race on a track he has driven many times. heck, I might be there if that happens.