Books

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
NickT

Books

Monstrobolaxa has recently quoted some very good books in some of the other forums. So why don’t we start a central list here. Please quote any good books you have read, with a brief overview on each – i.e. was it easy to read and understand, were there good pictures and illustrations, advanced reading only, very in-depth etc

Here are two for all petrol heads, easy to read with plenty of pictures and illustrations, a lot detailed information and back ground to them both. Would suit enthusiasts and experts alike. Both books are compiled by Ian Bramsey

International Race Engine Directory - Formula One, Indy Cars, Group C, GPT – A little old, but it gives a good insight into race engine technology and design.

The 1000 bhp Grand Prix Cars – Everything you ever wanted to know about the turbo Grand Prix car era. A superb read, even now.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well....a vast list for me....

- Racecar Aerodynamics - J. Katz - easy down to earth book on aerodynamics.

- Formula 1 Technolgy - Peter Wright - interesting book on Formula 1 but not as technical as I had hoped....very expensive to! :P

- Chassis Engineering - Herb Adams - very simple book about veichle dynamics with simple to understand examples

- Race Car Chassis - Fordes Aids - about veichle dynamics......but not as interesting as Chassis Engineering

- Competition Car Suspensio - Allan Staniforth - about car suspensions...but not as good as I thought.....but don't think it's about F1....just because of the Jordan J199 car (D.Hill) on the cover...the book is old an was written in the 80's.

- Competition Car Composites - Simon McBeath - Interesting book about composites their caracteristics and a basic aproach to working with them.

- Engineering to Win - Carol Smith - very interesting book about race car materials and their caracteristics....an a basic aproach to building cars.

- Construire une voiture de course - a book from the 70's I think...about the construction of single seaters.

- Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics - haven't started reading this one...but very technical and you need to know a lot of mathematics to read this one....

- F1 Technology and all other books by Mcknight....are a waste of money....

I still have about another 30 Formula 1 books but not technical....

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

PS - I'm only 20.....and already have a big library of racing books.....it you want to have as many as me.....just save money and spend it all on Formula 1 stuff....lolol that's what I do...

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Another good collection of books is Giorgio Piola's "Formula 1 #### Technical Analysis". #### - the year.... It first came on sale in 1999....it's a very good book that analysis the technical development of the Formula 1 in that particular year... FANTASTIC drawings....very easy to read and understand.....I only have the 2000, 2001.....and will order the 2002 after Christmas....it's a great book....a MUST for every technical F1 fan

hi people i´m mp4_18b and i am portuguese. About f1 books i say ALI/WINGS Enrico Benzing Automobilia

red300zx99
red300zx99

Race Car Vehicle Dynamics by Milliken, many consider this the bible of race car dynamics, very technical, but I must say its the best book on my shelf

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

red300zx99....just one question about that book....if it's the book I'm thinking of.....isn't it full of mathematical equations?making it a little hard to read to the general public?

in portuguese : monstrobolaxa quando apareçes no canal f1world ?

red300zx99
red300zx99

Yeh, I wouldn't recommend it to the general public, but this is f1technical, math is everywhere the word technical is invovled

Mclaren11
Mclaren11

Are there any books specific to Modern Openwheeled (Preferably F1) Aerodynamics

West
West

Do you think these books would help in designing a Formula SAE type racer? I went to the SAE meeting at my school for 2002 and was greatly disappointed w/ the fact that everybody else (except the leader) didn't know a thing about cars, except they knew which ones they drove. Then I heard their 2002 car didn't even start once, and a wheel came off during racing. I want to know if, even tho these books are for high speed cars, that they could give insight for an SAE car.

Mikacouli
Mikacouli

I think I have for around the 30 books of Formula one.From books of the teams to biographies.I read this books very much.I Also think I have many books because I am just 17 years old.But I am a fan for many many years.

I come from Belgium.You don't find F1 books very often in Belgium but if there is a book in a shop I buy it emmidiately.

Sorry for the mistakes in my text.
all hopes on the MP4/24

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

about the number of books....I have around 60 (slightly less).....from biografies to technical books......

and I also have 167 Formula 1 diecast models size 1/43 and 21 1/18....2 autographed prints.....18 F 1 t-shirts....and this is some of the stuff i have....

akbar21881
akbar21881

monstro...what book do you have? any of them that is directly related open wheel race car?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

what kind of information are you looking for?