F1 components layout

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
350plus
350plus

F1 components layout

Hello.
This is my first post here in this forum.
I have been reading all the last post and found already valuable information but i still have some basic doubts. I have great interest in f-1/racing tecnhology and recently I have been gathering some information about these subjects. However I could not find any detailed description or picture of the mechanical arrangement on a modern f1 car, like fuel tank, oil tank, pumps etc, something better than the usual "midplaced engine, rear mounted gearbox" stuff...
Can someone provide me with a web links, pictures or something like that?

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

i have two pictures of the layout of the f1 car. There aren't many details.
http://www.supercars.net/Pic?s=1&id=127 ... =BAR&o=003
http://www.supercars.net/Pic?s=1&id=928 ... dan&o=EJ11

Mclaren11
Mclaren11

Go to http://www.jaguar-racing.com then click on car then click on interactive R4

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Being the new member portugues....here's my portugues newcomer message:

bemvindo 350plus....diverte-te aqui no site, se precisares de alguma coisa podes também contar comigo....

About the post there is a good book about this...it was written by Nigel Mcknight....in 1993 it's about the 1993 Lola Ferrari.....from the drawing board to the race track......something loke this...i have the book it's quite interestong....but there aren't too many book that have this kinds of info.....this one is the closest you can get....at least that I know of...the new book published by David bull Publishing called: the publishers edition Ferrari Formula 1........written by Peter Wright.....is a very good book with all the tech images iof the F2000...but it costs 80dolars......it has pics of CFD data....and engine parts and charts explaning how to build the engine.....I'm going to recieve the book in early march...i'l post back about it

350plus
350plus

Thanks for the photos and websites( Obrigado, monstrobolaxa).
About the books, I am really interested to buy a few, as i am studying mechanical engineering and would like to increase my knowledge, specially in hi-tech engines . i have already seen the list that is posted here in the forum, but don't know where to buy them.
Where do you buy your books here in Portugal Monstrobolaxa?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

I don't buy them in portugal!

350plus
350plus

yes... i guess even if the bookshops had them the prices would be very high due to import costs. Well, i will check the internet bookstores... thanks anyway

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

I usually buy the books from amazon....or GPLegends....or directly from the publishers....

In Portugal we have Ascari bookshop....but it doesn't have as many books as I would like.....

There is another posibility...I usually order some books that people order from me....so if you want any just let me know...or send me an e-mail witht he books you want and I'll write back with the price of the book.

drspeed
drspeed

There's a book called 'F1 technical analysis 2002' by Giorgio Piola. This book is released with fresh features every year and it'll probably have all kinds of details you couldnt even imagine! That was the impression i had when i began to reading these back in 2000. A 2003 edition featuring 2002 technical treats was released last month. I'm sure it's worth checking out.

Cheers

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Yup Giorio Piolas book is very good....but it is more a technical analysis then a book that shows us the positioning of the components......

350plus
350plus

thanks for your help, i'll check for those books in the net(better start saving a lot of money ! ) anyway, do you guys know any good books on competition engines ?

Reca
Reca

Actually I don’t think that Piola books are very technical (at least, not from the engineer point of view), on the contrary I consider them exactly as description of cars layout and description of the different solutions adopted, hardly these are explained very technically, some numbers regarding strategies and a few diagrams but nothing really in depth. Anyway the books are very good to make comparisons between different cars, the evolutions during the season and to see how a new solution was adopted or discarded in the successive years. I admit that I have yet to buy the 02/03 edition but I own all the previous ones since 1994 so I don’t think the approach could have changed that much.

350plus : about competition engines here in Italy has been recently released the new edition of a book “Motori ad elevata potenza specifica” (Giorgio Nada Editore, 40€), I’ve read enthusiastic comments about it, apparently this is a very technical book intended also for engineering students. I don’t think an English version does exist at the moment, do you have problems reading Italian ?

350plus
350plus

I've already been told about that book(Motori ad elevata potenza specifica), they told me that is a very good book. I can understand a bit of italian(written not spoken!) and I do have a dictionary, so the language issue shouldn't be really a problem. Thanks for your help Reca.

NickT

Hi 350plus,

Check out the link for some excellent book titles from members of the gang :D

viewtopic.php?t=349

Cheers
NickT

Reca
Reca

You're welcome 350plus and Buona Lettura :wink: !