More to come!

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Tom

More to come!

Well thats 1 World Motorsport Championships decided. Congratulations to Kimi Raikkonen for the 2007 Formula 1 World Drivers Championship and Ferrari for the 2007 Formula 1 World Constructors Championship.

But Wait!
What about other single seater series?

Congratulations to Sebastien Bourdais for winning the Champ Car title with a round still to go, and of course the other American series...
Congratulations to Dario Franchitti on his Indy Racing League victory taken on the final lap of the final race, and no one denies he deserves it, and Well done to Andretti Green Racing for sealing the Entrants championship.

Dario is off to NASCAR next year so I should probably mention that Jeff Gordon leads the Nextel Cup with 5 rounds to go, although any of the top 12 drivers can take the championship.
In the Busche Series Carl Edwards leads with 4 rounds remaining, any of the top 3 still have a mathematical chance of winning the series.
The Craftsman Truck Series is led by Ron Hornaday with any of the top 8 able to take the overall championship.

More tintops? 2 drivers got into the final round of the World Touring Car Championship equal on points, both Priaux and Muller both on 81 points, each have 2 wins but Priaux has 4 second places to Muller's 1. Anyone down to Nicola Larini in 6th can mathmatically win the championship. The final round is in Macau on the 16th of November.

A personnal favorite of mine is the WRC which is hottly contested this year, as usual, between Sebastian Loeb and Marcus Gronholm. Marcus leads by just 4 points with 3 rounds left. This will surely go down to the wire with Loeb's tarmac advantage coming into play on the new round in Ireland and Gronholms gravel pace being put to good use in Wales. Very exciting stuff.

F1s feeder series, GP2 has crowned Timo Glock as champion with a comanding 11 point lead over his nearest rival, Lucas Di Grassi.
iSport International ran away with the Team Championship, 118 points to ART Grand Prix's 87.

And finally the most beautiful cars in the world:
The American Le Mans Series LMP1 class was won by the unlukies men to compete this years 24 hour race in France, Dindo Capello and Alan McNish, who have equal points, 1st, 2nd etc by virtue of driving the same car.
They beat Marco Werner with 246 points to 210.
Congrtulations to the Diesel powered Audi R10 team, Audi Sport North America who run McNish and Capello and take the LMP1 Team Championship.

Finally the Le Mans Series concludes over the 9th and 10th of November in Brazil with Pedro Lamy and Stephane Sarrazin equal top of the LMP1 championship in the No.8 Peugeot, leading Pescarolo drivers Jean-Christophe Boullion by 4 points and Emmanuel Collard a further 2 behind. 10 points available for the final round means Marc Gene and Nicolas Minassian in the second Peugeot can still win as they trail by 8 points. Some very familiar names there.
The Teams LMP1 championship is lead by No.8 Team Peugeot Total's Diesel entry on 36, 2 points clear of Pescarolo Sport, French rivals very unacustumed to being as low as 2nd. Again despite being 8 points behind the No.7 Team Peugeot Total car can still take the championship glory.

I'm sure you'll all agree this has been one of the closest seasons in Global Motor Racing History, so many drivers still able to take honours right at the end of their championships, Bourdais' title must have seemed like a walkover.

Thanks everyone for some great racing, I know there are many series that I've missed and I'm sure people will bring some up.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Great post Tom.

I just wish I had time to follow it all!

Scuderia_Russ

Hear hear Monkeyboy.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-