Engine HP output

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Irvingthien
Irvingthien

Engine HP output

OK, iknow it's still early 2004, but does anybody know the estimated output of HP and weight of the engine used by each F1 team? And which spec of engine is Minardi using, they used engines from theprevious year by Cosworth and it is a spec older by the engine used by Jordan last season. This season, teams with customer engine, Suaber and Jordan are both getting 04 spec engine because of the one engine per weekend rule. Can anyone tell me is Minardi getting old engine or also getting new engines? And if they do, do they have to pay extra cash for the new engines?....(and does Jordan and Sauber have to pay extra cash for 2004 engine too?)

rodlamas
rodlamas

Jordan and Sauber are paying the same cash for the 2004 engines.

For an example, in the case of Ferrari, it would be too expensive to turn the 052 to last 800 kms. So it´s better that they use the same engine, as it generates less costs and also gives then more data.

Minardi will de using an updated version of the CR-3. It´s reported to have some more 20 bhp than last year (about 800 bhp now), revs up to 16,800 rpms and lasts for 800 kms.

The other engines must be something close to 900 bhp, if not over this.

Talking about weight, the BMW P83 last year weighted a little less than 90kg. As DR. Mario Theissen has already stated, the moving parts of the engine had to be redesigned and are now a little heavier due to the new regs. So I expect the top engines to be at 900 bhp @ 19,000 rpms with sth 90-95 kg.
"I only race to finisht first, because the second is the first looser" Ayrton Senna