Sauber's radiator on F2004

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
kluxorious
kluxorious

Sauber's radiator on F2004

To know more, click here
:: there are shades in all good pictures, but there are lights too, if we choose to contemplate them ::

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

I think FIA has to pay more attenion to this situation. This is definitely unfair because Ferrari is taking the advantages of test datas from the drivers of another team and technology too. That's why I don't admire Ferrari, they say other teams don't play by the rule, why they don't play by the rule as well.

joseff

But why? I don't see that going against the rulebook. Against the spirit of the Concorde Agreement, maybe? But definitely not against the rulebook.

I'm not the biggest fan of Ferrari's tactics, but I appreciate the fact that at least this time they're being honest and open about sharing data and drivers.

FerrariManiac
FerrariManiac

I don't see nothing wrong about this, and I am sure that if there was something at foul, they would do this under the table.

scarbs
scarbs

Has anyone actually noticed those radiators are identical to ones ferrari have been running since 2002.

Sauber did run some unusual inlet ducts at the recent test, but as they were covered in duct tape it was hard to ascertain if they were that significant

rodlamas
rodlamas

All this --- Ferrari supporters find that everything is legal if Ferrarri can make all use of that.

If they are not intelligent enough, the put a gun on the head of Mr.Moseley and suddenly it´s banned.

Schumacher on the 2003 on the shout. Hadn´t the tyre issue before Monza not existed, Monotya or Kimi would have won it. And Schuey almost lost it on the last race due to inability and lots of mistakes.

Montoya shoudn´t be the driver of any team. He should be the president of the FIA.
"I only race to finisht first, because the second is the first looser" Ayrton Senna

klutsei
klutsei

look @ that, i swear if that works it is on the new ferrari, and look @ the collor, marenello red, so i belive this comes from ferrar!

scarbs
scarbs

Rodlamas
So you're not a ferrari fan then..! (keep the swearign down)

Please remember Michelin admitted their tyres were wider and even stretched in high load corners, there was little doubt they were illegal. I doubt the width of the Michs were the great technical advantage they had last year, more likely the construction and compound.

I recall Ferrari and MS have been alledged and found guilty of infringements too. Were the 2003 points and Q rules not changed to make Ferraris life more difficult, was not Traction control re-allowed to level the playing field over Ferraris adpative engine management in 2001. I recall Williams and MAC complaining of Ferrari bargeboards being over width, just as Ferrari were threatening to win in 2000.

All this Ferrari are in with the FIA is rubbish and I am sick of hearing it, a few years ago the the same driver and technical team were hounded for infringements at Benetton.

kluxorious
kluxorious

scarbs wrote:Has anyone actually noticed those radiators are identical to ones ferrari have been running since 2002.
well the article said
Ferrari has in the past developed radiators similar to thing and they appeared in the F2002 but Sauber has evolved the thinking behind it a little but further. The new design will hopefully allow for a greater surface area on the radiator but without increasing the space needed in the sidepods.
they say hopefully. so... :arrow:
:: there are shades in all good pictures, but there are lights too, if we choose to contemplate them ::

scarbs
scarbs

Sauber have used flat conventional radiators for several years, their recent adoption of Ferrari style canted versions suggests they are copying Ferrari (dont start...). The article doesnt suggest much in the way of explanation for this development so I guess they are misdirected.

klutsei
klutsei

i don't understand that my pic won't work, couse a couple of hours ago id did, her is another link

http://www.freewebs.com/klutsei/afbeeld ... 17fe49.jpg

scarbs
scarbs

The red ducting is just gaffer tape wrapped over the mesh grills inside the sidepod as it was cold during testing.

rumpelstulskin
rumpelstulskin

I am gonna take scarbs' lead in requesting rodlamas to be less "emphatic" at least in language in his postings. Sentiment is good but not swearing for it

dumrick
dumrick

scarbs wrote:Sauber have used flat conventional radiators for several years, their recent adoption of Ferrari style canted versions suggests they are copying Ferrari (dont start...). The article doesnt suggest much in the way of explanation for this development so I guess they are misdirected.
Scarbs, the term "copying" isn't debatable?
French Sport-Auto magazine clearly states, in this month's issue, that Ferrari gave (sold) to Sauber the project of a F-2003GA, corrected to comply with 2004 rules, given the fact that Sauber's old wind tunnel had been giving wrong data (causing all the trouble with recent chassis, up to the C22) and there was no wind tunnel for Sauber to test the new car, while the new one wasn't built.
Ferrari would benefit from having a very identical car helping Bridgestone development, as well as the other public benefits, like using Sauber's wind tunnel and drivers, if needed.
So, the radiator being similar isn't, in the end of the day, quite natural? It would be logical even for Sauber to be using the same suppliers as Ferrari...

aroutis
aroutis

If it's not against the rules, it 's for the rules. It is that simple, and this is why FIAA is not doing something against this.

It is why FIAA did something about the tyres case.

That's all really. :P