Heavy crash makes Loeb retire Rally of Sweden

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Principessa

Heavy crash makes Loeb retire Rally of Sweden

Sebastien Loeb has retired from day one of the Swedish Rally as he suffered a heavy crash. Loeb's C4 went off track and tumbled over 2 times. The Frenchman remained unharmed but his car was heavily damaged and could not be repaired in time for the next manche.

Due to this accident, the Rally season might get more exciting?

Belatti
Belatti

Re: Heavy crash makes Loeb retire Rally of Sweden

I dont think so.
Sweden rally has proven to be exclusively for Nordic drivers (except for Loeb in 2004).
Loeb will recover.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

West
West

SPEED dropped its WRC coverage a few years ago for more NASCAR and ricer programs.

History says that this is a minor setback for Loeb. Didn't he miss a few races a few years ago and still win the driver's championship.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Ray

Speed dropped WRC coverage because the number of viewers was really low. They didn't want to pay for the rights to broadcast it if no one was watching. I wish they would get rid of most of the crap on their normal schedule, including that moron Peter Windsor.:cry: West, I guess we were the only two watching! :lol:

I think he'll be alright. Coming back won't be to hard for him (I hope).

Roland Ehnström

Thanks for the SPOILER, not! #-o

West
West

Ray wrote:Speed dropped WRC coverage because the number of viewers was really low. They didn't want to pay for the rights to broadcast it if no one was watching. I wish they would get rid of most of the crap on their normal schedule, including that moron Peter Windsor.:cry: West, I guess we were the only two watching! :lol:
They should replace all those crap shows w/ Charity Hodges doing something related to cars.

Sebastian Loeb is probably the Tommi Makinen of this era.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

vyselegend

Well, I remember some people were predicting a boring year, with an "easy course to the victory" for Loeb, without the competition of Groenholm.

Now it suddenly seems harder. As the saying goes:

"Alway roll your tongue seven time in your mouth before speaking." :P

Ciro Pabón

Ray wrote:Speed dropped WRC coverage because the number of viewers was really low...
I don't understand. I watched WRC until last year in Speed (Latin American version). Yesterday I watched Rally 4 or whatever it's the name for British rally races. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen WRC races this year.
Ciro

Tom

Is this the incident? http://youtube.com/watch?v=XoMSDrcSe0k

A friend told me he crashed twice. I find that hard to believe.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

ClioSport197

I really enjoyed this weekends rally. With Loeb retiring it gave other young hopefuls (i.e. Latvala , Galli and Wilson to an extent) the chance to prove themselves. I've uploaded several vids from the weekend here (youtube). Congrats to Latvala, he deserved the win.

Roland Ehnström

Tom, Loeb crashed only once. He could continue, but the clutch was gone and the engine damaged, so he later retired.

vyselegend, I'm afraid this means nothing, it will still be a boring year. This result makes the championship look a little bit more interesting on paper, but in reality Loeb will dominate this year too. It's like F1 2004, the best driver sits in the best car. Hirvonen is good, but no Grönholm. Latvala could be a future champion, but not this year. Sordo is clear second driver at Citroen and already too far behind in the championship to turn that around, and only really fast on tarmac anyway. The Subaru's are too old and the Suzuki's too new. The non-factory teams, finally, have no real chance to win a championship.

zac510
zac510

I was at the event, here are some pics:

No good turn goes unpunished.

dumrick
dumrick

Amazing photos, Zac. Beatiful Citroëns and Pug... =P~

m3_lover

Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Belatti
Belatti

What a beautiful Subaru black and white last pic, Zac!
I really love that car.

This subaru was a beautiful car:

This is ugly ugly carp:

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna