Ferrari F2004 1:5

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
klutsei
klutsei

Ferrari F2004 1:5

Hello you all,

I'm planning to build an Ferrari F2004 shale 1:5 Radiocontroled this summer, at doing researcthe moment i'm very buising. And I would like to ask if there is someone who has high detail grapics or draws about the suspension front and rear of the ferrari F2004 or F2003-ga or how knows how it works and can explane it to me

Thnx alot !

rudo7
rudo7

Hi klutsei,
I was also thinking about building a Ferrari model. It wouldn't be a radiocontrolled one, but I would be really glad to build one, as real as possible. I have couple of detailed pictures (but only F2003 by now) and couple of drawings (which aren't really Ferraris, but it gives an idea of distances of formula 1 car). If you would be intersted, I can send them to you by e-mail, or some kind of connection...
I am really a newbie in building models, so I would be glad if you could also give me some feedback about your building (what materials are you going to use and so...).

:wink:

Steven
Owner

how do you actually build such a scale model? what materials do you use and how do you prepare them?

I build one a long time ago, when I was about 12 I think, fully from paper, was about 40cm long I guess, but that was really just experimenting ;)

Drawing Dimensions

If you want relatively (ish) accurate drawings of the cars you could use the dimensions such as the track, wheelbase height etc given on Ferrari's website or if not get hold of the pictures of the F2003GA off of Ferrari's Website:

http://www.ferrari.com/cgi-bin/fworld.d ... ar_type=F1

(I was gonna give you the stats for the F2004 from this site but they seem to have removed the link for it.)

Then using these known dimensions scale and estimate other dimensions from the photos they have.

The dimensions (mm) of the F2003 GA are:

Wheelbase: 3050
Total Length: 4545
Total Width: 1796
Total Height (I assume this includes the hoop mounted camera): 959
Fron Track: 1470
Rear Track: 1405

You can find out the wheel diameter/width somewhere very easily too...

Excellent pics of the car are given in Paragon Press's Formula 1 Yearbook (ISBN 0-75259-146-0) my annual Bible of F1 info!

Hope this is of some help!

SuperSonic
SuperSonic

Hope it helps.

See ya

klutsei
klutsei

i've got the idea to build a car 5 years ago, shale 1:2.5 windtunnel model withe kart wheels, but it was larger than i was at that moment so i stoped the project, now i've seen that the Radiocontroled Cars company FG build f1cars shale 1:5, but thei aren't detailed so i still want to make my own car, i'm learning for car fitter so I can finaly calculate a lot of things.

@ the question how to build, i would like to build an monocock of polyester, fit on that an engine and gearbox for stifnis, and mount on that the other parts, frondwing, nosecone, rear body work and rear wing all out of poleyester.

I'm also making 3d models for grand prix 4 so i've got detail draws about the outside of the car.

i only need now an good smalle engine and photo;s about the suspension

mzls

Thomas Mooren

bernif2003
bernif2003

Hi klutisei!
I love to build F1 scale models. To 4 years ago I built the Mclaren Mp4/13 in scale 1:5...it has the hole engine, with pistons, valves, etc. but it doesn't moves.
Two years ago I built the ferrari f2001 engine+transmision in sclae 1:2, but everything! and it runs with a electric engine.
And now Im working in the F2003 in sclae 1:5 rc, I supose it is like you want to build. I think I have a lot of great information for you, my email is: bernat_c@hotmail.com