F1 Engine

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
wmm
wmm

F1 Engine

Can somoene explain how an f1 engine works in DETAIL, please?
It is an interesting subject that im not very keen in it.

thanks and i know that there are some experts on this subject surfing this site.
keep it up

pompelmo
pompelmo

Re: F1 Engine

wmm wrote:Can somoene explain how an f1 engine works in DETAIL, please?
It is an interesting subject that im not very keen in it.

thanks and i know that there are some experts on this subject surfing this site.
keep it up
How an F1 engine works in DETAIL it's a mistery to us "ordinary" people!
I think you should ask a F1 endine manufacturer to answer your question!

All F1 engines work as all cars engine! But they have diferent fuel ignition sistem (diesel style)! They are also made of very light materials in all part are made as smal as it can be made! They last only 400km!

pyry
pyry

the ignition system is the same as in a normal engine, i dont know if your trying to say that they have direct injection but they dont, or if your saying the fuel/air mixture is ignited the same way as a diesel engine, but thats not true either.

f1 ignition is the same as road cars. honda still uses the pgm-ig system thet ran in the 88-91 crx si's. f1 engines have a very short stroke. ferraris 2000 engine ran a 91.5mmx43.5mm setup. thats the only real difference, they are made to make gobs of high rpm horsepower by running high piston speed.

aarononymous
aarononymous

F1 engines

The way I understand it is that yes they employ a very short stroke, like 50mm, plus the use of a pnumatic valvetrain, allow the high engine speeds (up to 19,000 RPM's right?). Also I understand they use Throttle Body injection, with individual throttle bodies. That's about all, if it's even correct. Would love to learn more......