F1 Telemetry

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
mraormk
mraormk

F1 Telemetry

Hello -

Like the rest of you - I'm interested in the technical side of F1. However, it seems this site focuses mainly on aerodynamic and engine design, whereas I like the telemetry/data acquision side of things within a modern F1 team. I understand McLaren/Mercedes is perhaps the team with the highest level of technology when it comes to this aspect of motorsports.

I know how top-secret F1 can be - but does anyone know of good resources to learn more about this topic (preferably focusing on today's teams - not so much a history of it)

Thanks!!!

Scuderia_Russ

Theres a good article on the McLaren website if i remember correctly,somewhere in the technical explanation section,apart from that i'm not too sure.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

scarbs
scarbs

In terms of data logging most of the suppliers wil provide loads of info (i.e. http://www.piresearch.com/).

As far as control systems go you wont find hardly any info anywhere.

Carbon
Carbon

Towards the end of last season, Renault had a fantastic video of just how telemetry was being used within their team. Not sure if it's stil there, but worth a look.

Becker4
Becker4

it is i think. the dyno test of the 22 engine is my fav video though . . . . ooohhh i love it.