Gronholm is back to Ford!

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
vyselegend

Gronholm is back to Ford!

... In rallycross. :!:

:arrow: source
wrc.com wrote: Gronholm returns to competition with Ford

Double World Rally Champion Marcus Gronholm is to drive a 600bhp Ford Fiesta in up to six of the eleven rounds that make up the 2008 European Rallycross Championship.

Gronholm, who led the BP Ford World Rally Team to back-to-back WRC manufacturers' titles in 2006 and 2007, will drive alongside Andreas Eriksson in the Motor Sport Evolution team.

After retiring from rallying at the end of last season, the 40-year-old Finn took up a role as an ambassador for Ford of Europe.

”I am convinced that this will be an interesting experience,” said Gronholm. “The engine power is amazing and it will be exciting to see how well I can perform in the explosive, short races. I plan to participate in five or six European Championship events this year and then we’ll have to see how things develop.”

After a short test-drive Gronholm said he had been impressed by the engine power of the two-litre Fiesta but was too inexperienced to pass comment on its driving characteristics.

Motor Sport Evolution is also building a car for ex Nordic Rallycross Champion and current WRC star Henning Solberg. The Norwegian said he would be using it mainly for fun but hoped to take part in some exhibition drives on the Nordic rounds of the championship.

Whatever the kind of competition, I'm glad he's back to racing!