Podium debut for new Subaru Imprezza!

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
vyselegend

Podium debut for new Subaru Imprezza!

While the new look of the Imprezza hasn't make the unanimity, it's new properties (longer wheelbase, simplified supention layout, improved weight distribution, improved cooling...) has transformed a dog into a podium contender, although Latvala's and Sordo's troubles certainly helped.

Acropolis Rally results:

Code: Select all

Pos  Driver        Car      Time
 1.  Loeb          Citroen  3h54:54.7
 2.  P Solberg     Subaru   +  1:09.5
 3.  Hirvonen      Ford     +  1:56.1
 4.  Aava          Citroen  +  4:19.7
 5.  Sordo         Citroen  +  4:49.4
 6.  Wilson        Ford     +  6:11.3
 7.  Latvala       Ford     +  6:47.5
 8.  H Solberg     Ford     +  9:14.0
 9.  Gardemeister  Suzuki   + 10:13.8
10.  Rautenbach    Citroen  + 13:29.1

roost89
roost89

Re: Podium debut for new Subaru Imprezza!

It's a great result for Petter and Subaru. They've been needing a good car for a long time. It looked as though the previous car was getting competitive recently aswell. Hard luck for Chris Atkinson aswell, posting fastest stage then the car breaking.

The car debuted in Acropolis apparently for "development". They chose One of the hardest rallies to test the car out...brave move!

The car looks different to the pictures above and I think it looks better with the new livery.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Belatti
Belatti

Re: Podium debut for new Subaru Imprezza!

Subaru Impreza was one of my favourite car but it has been becoming ugly and ugly each year :( till now that it reached the "Korean" style of car. Ugly, no other word to describe it for me. It´s like a turtle.

Still, I would love to own a 1999 Imprezza. Definitively in love with that one :wink:

This is a REAL Subaru
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna