NHRA Funny Car driver Scott Kalitta killed

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Ray

NHRA Funny Car driver Scott Kalitta killed

I don't know how many of you follow other forms of motorsport, or any, in the US but in yesterdays qualifying in New Jersey Scott Kalitta died in an accident following an engine explosion. Any and all deaths in racing are tragic. My heart goes out to his family and all of his fan around the US and the world. I'll surely raise my glass in honor of him.

bar555
bar555

Re: NHRA Funny Car driver Scott Kalitta killed

....an engine explosion :?: :?: :?: :?:

another tragedy after Ove Anderson accident

Are there any pictures availlable because it sounds quite strange :?:
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

WhiteBlue

A report: http://www.southernledger.com/ap/143843 ... ific_crash

RIP. He died doing what he loved to do when something went wrong at 300 mph. Dragsters surely are the most dangerous form of racing. Thoughts are with his family. I hope they are taken care of.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Ray

Engine explosions in the Fuel catagories of the NHRA series are very common due to the fuel they use, how much they use per run, and the power they make. Cruz Pedregon had a bad explosion last weekends qualifying as well but he made it out okay.

Scotts' car blew an engine crossing the line and his parachutes failed to open because of a number of unknown reason. The car then ran into the sand traps at around 300 mph, flipped and hit a concrete pole. He was prnounced dead at a local hospital.

Ray

I'm extremely upset about this. Good men like Scott die doing something they love, yet every single day murderers and rapists walk free and clear because of a law technicality or a corrupt offical/policeman/judge. It's deeply troubling me. I love racing, all forms and to see someone die doing something so wonderful makes me extremely sad. :cry:

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Real shame. Funnycar and Top Fuel are outrageously dangerous forms of racing.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.