Digital Displacement Hydraulic Hybrid

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Conceptual
Conceptual

Digital Displacement Hydraulic Hybrid

dumrick
dumrick

Re: Digital Displacement Hydraulic Hybrid

Seems to me some new kind of hydrostatic system with variable displacement pump and motors, that should allow for the car's engine to be revving at fixed (and efficient) rpm's. That if I was able to read below all the marketing talk (they are also clearly avoiding handing out too much information). Furthermore, they claim to regenerate some braking energy (probably by reversing the rear motor function while braking, I assume).

Bosch-Rexroth seems to have acquired some rights to the technology, so it must be serious.

I've some experience with hydrostatic vehicles (in a past job I was "involved" with compact urban sweepers that used such technology) and always been amazed at the efficiency of those things and the way it was so easy to transmit the power where you need it (just a couple of pipes and a compact motor), although I always felt that the traditional technology was somehow delicate to operate, since the motors were a bit abrupt in operation (and the control systems were also a bit complicated, with loop feedback systems giving me headaches to trace back problems). Maybe this new technology solved such problems.
Does anyone know the efficiency of such a transmission?