World Series by Renault@ Le Mans

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Ogami musashi
Ogami musashi

World Series by Renault@ Le Mans

Hello,

Just came back from Le Mans, when a friend and me went to the World Series by Renault meeting.

I just wanted to say it was excellent.
The whole week end included that:

-Formula renault 2.0 eurocup and western Europe rounds
-Formula renault 3.5 round
-Megane Trophy round
-Total access to the paddock (including some garages) and pitlane
-Historical renault demonstration (different competition cars from renault)
-Renault F1 team demo run (2 R27)
-Privateers demo (many renault road sports cars in demonstration)
-Renault Show team (Clio sport demo team doing stunts)
-Animations (F1 simulators,Renault lineup showrooms, Free small maintenance, Michelin stands, shops etc..)

All of that for....Free. The whole week end was free.

The Whole Le mans Bugatti track was free, It is so well prepared, many spots for the public, clean, clear views, the commentator was totally freak.

The races were very good, the FR 2.0 eurocup was pretty good, the megane trophy were surprisingly fast and unsurprisingly a bit more rude and the FR2.5 were really good too.

The historical demonstration included laps by two F1, the 86 lotus of ayrton senna, and the 83 renault E40; there was also the winner of lman in 1976 alpine A442 and many former Formula renault with one having a very good grip.
Running alongside were several renault 5 in the track and rally versions, R21 turbo and an early alpine.
The two F1 (gorgeous sound) were basically lapping hard in the straight line but then slowed down for most corners.
The others cars however were seen at various times having their share of slides.
The F1 teams demo consisted of two cars lapping the track (unfortunately with no timming) which reminds you that a F1 car does make an awesome but also terribly loud sound.
They were quite fast but the pilots did slowed down a bit sometimes.
The paddock access was really neat. I could see and, if i dared, touch all the nose cones airfoils and bodyworks of all the cars except the two R27.
Many people were given used slicks tyres from the races, and pilots were accessible.

Which contrast so much with last time i came to an F1 GP at spa...

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Re: World Series by Renault@ Le Mans

I went to see the last 2 WSR shows at Donington in the UK.
It was brilliant - great advertisement for Renault!

I met Rene Arnoux..shook his hand and told him how I was in awe of his control during that dijon race we all love!!

A shame thatt eh F1 is so overpriced and tries to be too exclusive..

Anyways - how loud did you think the Megane's were? They were earsplitting when I saw them!

A recommended weekend for free...if you get the chance people, then go!
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Ogami musashi
Ogami musashi

Having heard F1 and GP2 cars before i knew what i was all about: take your ear plugs!

However not surprisingly, just as porsche from the carrera cup were easily sustainable without them, the megane were okay, they had a great sound however.
It was really impressive to see their grip in the turn considering they only run at 240km/h max, their laptimes were respectable.

The FR 2.0 were also quite endurable as their engine is from the clio williams if i'm not mistaken.

The FR 3.5 were much more like GP2 so i put my ear plugs for their races.

The Lotus 88T and the renault E40 were also quite sustainable but i think they did not run at full power.
When the FR 3.5 did their installation lap it was easily sustainable but when they they raced and/or qualifying that started to be painful so i took the ear plugs.

The R27's well....i can't think of the people that do not put their ear protections...the sound i so aggressive and powerful, i make things vibrate everwhere and you can hear them about 10 miles away.
That's so lovely i wish the F1 will sound that way for long.

As we're talking about racing sounds, the F1 and GP2 cars had brutal gear changes that were loud, but not the FR 3.5 (nor the other cars present this day).

But one of my favorite sound are the kerbs!! When the F1 run on the kerbs that is so loud! You feel like something is vibrating in the earth.

The Traction control sound was also very impressive to me.

Well definitely that was very good week end, and because it is free i can't think of any cons preventing people to get there if they can, that's really a neat event by renault.

I'll get back next year for sure.

P.S: when i say sustainable i talk about sound that weren't aggressive and/or painful to the ears

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Any pics for us to enjoy? :wink:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.