GreenPrixUSA?

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Scania
Scania

GreenPrixUSA?

GreenPrix USA is a new race series debuting in 2009 that will be utilizing the Reynard and Panoz Champ Cars. GreenPrix USA's founder is media mogul Ben Johnston. Ben has also acquired ownership of the Cooper Tires Atlantic Championship, powered by Mazda, where he has also been a competitor in past years. The Atlantic Series will be sanctioned under IMSA in 2009. GreenPrix USA's ultimate goal is to bring back premiere open wheel racing at all levels that reflects the purest racing values that the fans and drivers love. Also, to provide a platform for all green initiatives involved in automotive performance. The first race of the 2009 season for the GreenPrix USA Cars and the Atlantic Series will be March 13-15 in Savannah, Georgia on St. Patrick's Day weekend.

GreenPrix USA will be environmentally focused through the development of racing criteria coupled with green technology that will include: use of ecologically designed/friendly fuel sources, cut-back/regulation of GHG emissions and overall reduction of energy and petroleum displacement. GreenPrix USA will also provide corporate partners the opportunity to feature, showcase and develop their Green initiatives in the racing market and utilize the knowledge to impact the consumer market.

donskar
donskar

Re: GreenPrixUSA?

Huh? I am bemused by this one.

What does this really mean - or is likely to mean?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Scuderia_Russ

donskar wrote: What does this really mean
Sounds like he has bought the old Champ Car chassis and is starting his own series.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

indyf1
indyf1

Indy Car already uses 100% ethanol fuel made from corn. What else can be done to be green? Switch from carbon fiber to bran? ;-)

Conceptual
Conceptual

I would watch it!

I hope they run 100% road courses, and I hope that some races are near me!