tracks

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
davecooper
davecooper

tracks

:( This must have been said millions of times but I will add my bit, new F1 tracks are so boring. Yes, we may get Mr Ecclestone enthusing over how modern they are and how good the facilities are etc etc, but at the end of the day the tracks are featureless clones of one another. Old tracks used to have features like trees and relief. Watching cars speeding through the woods and forests at the older circuits was fantastic. Now you have to be able to see the whole circuit from everywhere, you'd might as well chalk out a circuit on a car park. It is the older more interesting circuits that Bernie wants to get rid of, which surprises me for someone with his long F1 background.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well that is true...and tracks aren't the only problem....the domination of Ferrari has helped to make the F1 championship a little more boring. I'm a Montoya fan....and admite that worked from them and that they deserve them.....but such a domination is making F1 boring......for the first time I find myself changing channels during a race to see if something better is on another channel.....but to tell you the truth I always end up coming back to F1.