renault telemetry on-line

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
inspectah
inspectah

renault telemetry on-line

Renault is posting some of its telemetry live on their website http://www.renaultf1.com, starting from saturday morning, but i wasn't able to open the site( it was as slow as ---). If anybody can get to the site, could they post it here or on a website?

Steven
Owner

This is the official press release:

Every race weekend, millions of fans sit in front of their televisions, holding their breath at the start, experiencing the intensity of each daring overtaking manoeuvre… In the Renault F1 Team's brand new advert, you can feel these unique, intense emotions of Formula 1: you are a passionate fan of this exciting, complex sport.

The mission of RenaultF1.com is to constantly bring you closer to the only French F1 team, and to show you what life is like on the inside of this sporting competition. Now, we are going one step further and giving you the keys to the heart of the team – think of it like F1's Holy Grail!

F1 is a science of calculations, data, figures and curves. This science is called telemetry. Never before have fans had access to this data. Now, thanks to RenaultF1.com, you can exclusively follow in real time all the data from the track. Follow the drivers, interpret their style, watch the gaps between them, analyse speed curves and understand the team's tactical choices on the pitwall. F1 will have no more secrets for you!

Choose between live telemetry from Jarno's and Fernando's car, and you will experience the intensity of the race through the information appearing on the screen. Or, select Engineer Mode, and you will find yourself on the pit-wall, to better understand their strategic choices.

In just a few clicks, you will experience practice, qualifying and the race in a completely new way. Come to RenaultF1.com for a unique experience. Feel It!

inspectah
inspectah

yeah, read that too, but where is the data? They just say that you can they publish it on their site, but don't bother to mention where there, or if it is just then when the race is on, or afterwards, or what?

KJ
KJ

inspectah wrote:yeah, read that too, but where is the data? They just say that you can they publish it on their site, but don't bother to mention where there, or if it is just then when the race is on, or afterwards, or what?
Check under "Feel It" and the data is there.

VERY cool!

- KJ

ywpark
ywpark

telemetry data transfer

Does anyone know what method does F1 teams use in order to establish data transfer communication between the pitbox and the vehicle?

It has to be something robust in order to transfer encrypted race data along with voice communication so I'm thinking it would probably not be 802.11 type communication.

SKRAT
SKRAT

Damn, wish I could find that article again... Ferrari downloads something like 2megs/sec of data from all their sensors. Don't know what spectrum they're allowed to use, but with those huge attennas up, it's probably custom and very secure.
-Paul C

does anyone have any info on Renault's launch system? why are theirs so superior?

Beostar
Beostar

I have no idea but I was thinking that perhaps... they still use on "old" 6-speed gearbox while the rest of the field (except Minardi) use the 7-speed one. What if the use the a gear (since the regulations allow max. 7) to use as starting gear. Which allows them a very high speed start and then shift into 1st and continue the boost?

Wacky theory but could be done :)
"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well it has to do with software and the optimum clutch "bite" position. During the formation lap the cars central computer calculates the optimum position for the clutch to "bite" at the diferente rpm's and when on the grid the clutch will "position" itself for the optimum "bite" in order to maximise the start.

Beostar
Beostar

Could be but if that is the reason for the great starts why wouldn't the rest of the teams have it? cause if the do the difference wouldn't be that obvious.
"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Here is another topic conserning this matter:

viewtopic.php?t=550

Don't know why other teams haven't started using it....but the system has been imensly talked about in magazines.

electronic?? doesnt that contravene the regulations? i thought electronic launch control systems are banned?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

It really isn't electronic...electronics just puts the clutch in the right position...and the driver has to use the throtle the right way....that is legal!

MRE
MRE

renault telemetry

:evil: I got the same problem,cannot login into renault f1 team website while Shanghai GP
formula one

supertec

I'm really :evil: I missed this.. anyone find anything more out about it? Next gp maybe?.
"It's Villeneuve, the young man from Ontario, Canada.....no excuse me, that's Quebec, Canada." -Martin Brundle