Aston Martin Cygnet

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
timbo
timbo

Aston Martin Cygnet

Aston Martin Cygnet WTF????

Shrek
Shrek

Re: Aston Martin Cygnet

looks like a Smart car Man thoose thing are tiny, thats tighter than the Nissan (my brother nicknamed it the sardine can) that my dad owned a while back
Spencer

modbaraban
modbaraban

That's a restyled Toyota IQ that Aston Martin will offer to their car buyers as an optional extra. Like a trinket for the keys. You can't buy it if you don't own an Aston.

I'd call it a Mini Martin. And to be honest I think it looks quite good for a supermini. A bit weird, but cute unlike the Lagonda Concept that looks like a guinea pig wearing a back pack. On the other hand I find its sole existence somewhat inappropriate considering the badge.

Here's a side view

roost89
roost89

I see it as the Aston the owners use to get to their garage which contains their various cars (of which will be an Aston or two). I quite like the look too.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

timbo
timbo

roost89 wrote:I see it as the Aston the owners use to get to their garage which contains their various cars (of which will be an Aston or two). I quite like the look too.
I'd rather use something likes this for that purpose)))

joseff

When I saw this a couple of days ago, this reminded me of the 90s Integra -> Alfa Romeo body kit conversions. Only worse.

sinspawn1024
sinspawn1024

I'd like to know why Aston Martin went to Toyota to make they're baby car... I'd think they'd want to partner with BMW so that they could wrap the Mini Cooper in Aston luxury. The Mini at least was designed with exciting driving dynamics in mind.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I googled Aston Martin,and the first comment was ..
An Aston Martin combines three important elements: power, beauty and soul. Aston Martins are truly special - they always have been and always will be.
So where does this Cygnet fit into the world of Aston Martin? It doesn't look powerful, or beautiful, or soulful.
Last edited by DaveKillens on 02 Jul 2009, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

tomislavp4

I´ve always liked (and dreamed about) Aston Martins, they are all beautiful and stylish cars but if this gets the green light they´ll completly ruin their reputation [-X

Belatti
Belatti

timbo wrote:
roost89 wrote:I see it as the Aston the owners use to get to their garage which contains their various cars (of which will be an Aston or two). I quite like the look too.
I'd rather use something likes this for that purpose)))
I´d rather use something like this for that purpose:

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Pandamasque

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I read that the other day, it's effing hilarious!
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

safeaschuck

O.K. I peed myself a little bit reading that article, HOWEVER, I think the intention of this vehicle is to get Aston's overall emissions ratings down.
If you remember a little while ago Porsche kicked up an unholy stink about an EU directive intended to impose an average emissions cap across entire marques. By arguing that it shouldn't apply to 'niche' brands such as sports cars whilst rabidly trying to increase their market share to an amount that would be considered far more than niche they kind of argued themselves into a corner and scored an environmental P.R. own goal. They did however (with the help of the german government) win a concession for firms producing less than, erm??? 100,000 vehicles a year within the E.U.????
Maybe that's the reason they have been shouting so loud about this 918 hybrid concept lately. A long overdue bit of 'greenwash' and a possible indicator of their plan B should the EU come back with sharper claws next time (as they always seem to do with emmisions regs).

Anyway I think you will find that this is Aston's (very cost effective) way around the problem. Although they are unlikely to produce the sort of quantities Porsche are making they have a plan in place if/when the exemption quota is lowered.
If they sell 1 Cygnet for every 2 Astons it is going to make a MASSIVE difference to the average fuel consumption of vehicles that wear their badge and they had to lay out precisely £0 on hybrid vehicle R&D. If the cap gets really tough they can at least give one away with every car and continue focusing their efforts on designing and building the type of cars they have built their brand around.

Not so stupid maybe?

Still.... A Toyota? Ugh.

autogyro
autogyro

What is the betting that when changes occur at Fiat and Chysler, Ferrari end up with a little Fiat 500 RED HEAD.
:lol: