How much AH of racing touring car's batteries is normally?

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Scania
Scania

SpookTheHamster
SpookTheHamster

Re: How much AH of racing touring car's batteries is normally?

The capacity of the batteries? That varies greatly from series to series.

Some cars don't need to be able to start their own engines and have quite low load (eg F1) and will use very small batteries. Other cars will need to start their engines (touring cars, GT cars, historics) and will need a battery that is capable of doing so. The size will depend on how much load it takes to start the engine, a bigger engine will need more power.

Take a look here at the different batteries, their intended purpose and their power: http://www.varleyredtop.com/products.htm

Scania
Scania

so, how much capacity needed on a 1600cc Group N car?

Scania
Scania

and then, how much capacity will it needed if I need to turn off the generator about 10sec but keep the electric system work during race?

ced ampo
ced ampo

about 1000ah maybe? not sure

ISLAMATRON

I put an AGM motorcycle battery in my track car and it is about 20Ah and weighs only 11lbs

Giblet
Giblet

ISLAMATRON wrote:I put an AGM motorcycle battery in my track car and it is about 20Ah and weighs only 11lbs
@ISLAMATRON

My GF's friends husband races an old RX-7. I'm not sure what series, as I only met him once, but we are hanging out in a few weeks, and we're going to take his car off the trailer and rip somewhere.

From what it sounds like your car is a bit of an RX-7 beast. Got any vids or anything you want to share so I can nerd out with this guy in RX-7 land?

I plan on taking some 720p vids with my stereo mics. I'll be sure to share.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

nope, no video cam so no vids, but there are alot on youtube, Us rotary guys tend to be fanatical about them so there are alot of vids...

have fun, all rx-7's are a blast, they rev till you wouldnt believe and handle quite well.

Soon as I get a cam(soon, cuz my first born is on the way) I will be making alot of vids of the car... I'll hit you up with a link then.

Question: are Ah related to reserve capacity?

flynfrog

Giblet wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:I put an AGM motorcycle battery in my track car and it is about 20Ah and weighs only 11lbs
@ISLAMATRON

My GF's friends husband races an old RX-7. I'm not sure what series, as I only met him once, but we are hanging out in a few weeks, and we're going to take his car off the trailer and rip somewhere.

From what it sounds like your car is a bit of an RX-7 beast. Got any vids or anything you want to share so I can nerd out with this guy in RX-7 land?

I plan on taking some 720p vids with my stereo mics. I'll be sure to share.

I read this as my Girl Friends husband. I was about to offer my advice as to why this is a terrible Idea but then I reread #-o