Azarion supercar

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".

is the design good ?

yes works very well
25%
its ok
75%
no it does not work
No votes

Total votes: 4

azarion
azarion

Azarion supercar

hi im after info on how my car looks , aerodynamicly , its a 1/10 scale car i made out of wood , ive bean studying racecars since 1992 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDQjwah9ZIA ). any questions please ask ?

tomislavp4

Re: azarion supercar

It looks ok to me, but what looks ok is not always ok if you check in a wind tunnel or CFD :roll: If you could make a CAD model I´m sure some of our aero-guys around here would help you with some CFD tests....

azarion
azarion

tomislavp4 wrote:Sorry, double post :oops:
thats a bit hard , i made it in my garage , and my computer has the ability of a dog , but i am looking for a company in newzealand . that could scan the model and then make a CFD model

wesley123
wesley123

personnaly i think it will not work, the air that flow over the hood has to follow the cockpit lines, it cant flow over the sides due to the hard fender edges at the end.

The front is also pretty fat, you might make it smaller.

I ee it has a front diffuser, a rear wing is possibly not needed as the diffusers generate enoug downforce to keep it on the track at the high speeds.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Conceptual
Conceptual

It may not work in a full model, but I am pretty sure that it would sell if you had it made into a R/C car body shell.

It deffinately looks cool tho, so 2 thumbs up for a great effort!

azarion
azarion

wesley123 wrote:personnaly i think it will not work, the air that flow over the hood has to follow the cockpit lines, it cant flow over the sides due to the hard fender edges at the end.

The front is also pretty fat, you might make it smaller.

I ee it has a front diffuser, a rear wing is possibly not needed as the diffusers generate enoug downforce to keep it on the track at the high speeds.
the whole car is made to control the service air , i came up with a percentage phrase for this S.A.C % . (service , air , control , 100% .)as far as i know the air flowing over a object is at a high presure layer , if you control this layer , you can generate high downforce , with minimal drag , the front of the car has a ventury efect between the wheel archers , the high archers are there to contain that airflow , acclerating the air around the cockpit section , witch leads on to the rear wheelarchers , agein they are high ,to control the air , making this area a high presure area , helping with maximume extraction of the hot air from the engine , all so i was looking at reducing air disturbence ,behind the car , the top section of the car hooks up with the diffuser underneath the car ,( the air on top of the car matchs the air under the car ) just like a large wing section , i even made the sides of the rear bumper in a way that the airflow side of the car hooks in to the airflow coming from the top and underneath . the wing is made to be a stability wing , not major downforce , ballance downforce is better then hugh unballanced downforce .

azarion
azarion

Re: Lotus engine simulation

hi im after info on the posibility of a FV8 engine , i want a engine block to have 4 pistons flat like a porsche , then the last 4 in a v . its my idea for cars that run hugh ventury tunnels (ground effects) the first 4 pistons that are flat (giving a low center of gravity) sit in front of the tunnels , while the remaining 4 pistons , that are in a v , sit between the tunnels (this allows the tunnels to be larger - greater down force look at the rear photo on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDQjwah9ZIA to see what i mean.