a little bit more about MP4-19b

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
inspectah
inspectah

a little bit more about MP4-19b

I've been under the impression that the new mclaren didn't have any new parts, just a little bit renowated design, but then i red this:

kimi on his test:"We did lots of laps but we still have problems with the shortage of parts which causes a delay in repairs, but it's been good."
???
i heard they had a brake-involved problem which took quite longer to fix than expected. So how is it, who is wrong, kimi, or Newey who said the parts were exactly the same as in MP4-19? :-k

Well of course there will be some developments to the car, i mean brakes were one of the major problems but i think Newey was being a bit too conservetive abnout the car, incase it was a disaster.

Some aero developments do not take half a year to design and make, and that wasnt the problem on the 19A, so they would obviously have new parts.

And Kimi said "shortage of parts", this maybey because it is a test session and they may not need many parts, same happend yesterday with Sato, he had to stop when he had a problem due to part a shortage :D

inspectah
inspectah

And Kimi said "shortage of parts", this maybey because it is a test session and they may not need many parts
no, no ,no, he clearly means that they "still have a shortage of parts", this being the case when they first tested mp4-18 too, and it is always the same thing with new cars; they haven't manufactured enough parts yet.
So which parts would these be, given that they aren't supposed to have any new parts in their car?

McLaren_Fan17
McLaren_Fan17

Maybe Mercedes ran out of grenades. :lol:
Put the Titanium-Alloy pedal to the Carbon Fibre.

walter
walter

The thing that I am most interested in the MP4-19B is the modification to the engine, supposedly its position has been raised. I cannot help to think that perhaps the lubricant management system has been altered to aid the engine(maybe it was lubricant insufficiencies in the engine that cause the mercedes engines to always blow up, the lube is involved with most of the engine so maybe there's something to that)

I also would like to ask if anyone else thinks that the front wing is attached further forward in the 19B, or that the attachment system is modified. Can anyone confirm that or is it just my imagination?

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

The sidepods are perfect...and so are the engine cover fins and suspension.
Should have gone for the single keel.Twin keel is too heavy and only offers slight aerodynamic advantage.Put on a single keel with a single prong on the front wing.That would make the perfect chasis.

the mac was not a very big car before ,and now it´s even more tightly packaged......i bet all brackets and installations differ from the original layout.So it´s rear suspension,Exhausts Cooling wiring,brakes ...aero,chassis...Minardi would call that three new cars ...and not a B-Version.
So it may be the same Hubs/Uprights but these were under evaluation even before the apearance of B...
leaves the Front suspension....and steering.
Putting the engine higher into the car ?what do you do with the gearbox then?Neway would go ballistic before raising the CG height...
Now that the foreign objects have disappeared from Illmor,I bet the engines will survive.

Can someone please tell me the wheel base length please, whether it is shoter or longer than the 19A? :wink:

if anything I would quess its a little bit longer do to their problems with their unstable rear end. But i dont know.

Wheelbase & hence chassis length has been increased a bit. This is better for aerodynamics.

F1-Noob
F1-Noob

I think the wheelbase has been increased a little to stabilise the car as well as do the car less pitch sensitive= they can use a little softer suspension. But with a increased wheelbase, won't it have negative effects on slow circuits like monaco and hungaoring?
Weren't it the problem that the F2003-ga had because of a longer wheelbase? Anyone explain this for me plz.
Have a nice day!! :)
Last edited by F1-Noob on 04 Jun 2004, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

The F-2003 GA had serveral probs that Rory Byrne pointed out in an article last year in F1 Racing magazine.....the CofG was wrongly calculated...it was further back then expected....electronic problems that kept them from exploring max power from the engine...tires...and 2 or 3 more things I can't remember.