What else is there?

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
greenpower dude reloaded

What else is there?

Ok, well you've all been incredibly helpful with the design and construction of my Greenpower cars (that post will probably be updated later today BTW, made a few break throughs and the car is slowly starting to look sexy, bare with me I know it looks simplistic now but it'll look great by the time it's done)

So, at the end of my 9th season I will more than likely retire, but what's next?

I desperately need a project, something EV based ideally, but doesn't have to be, I love being on the cutting edge, plus I don't know a vast amount about engines :o

The other criteria is competition, I'll never get it done if I don't have a deadline. In an ideal world i'd like something relatively open, I'd like to be able to make my own impact, with the view of one day getting involved in proffessional motorsport.

The Academic route has never really been for me and at 21 I already feel i'm getting too old :/ My tactic usually is to say, look ok I may not have the qualifications but look what I can and have done by myself at home with a drill press. haha! It's worked everytime so far. Every interview I've been to I have got the job, even once all the positions were filled at my last job.

TBH I think i'm asking the impossible but I'd be grateful of any suggestions.

I've heard about the EV Cup but I don't really fancy that. It's not very open IMHO. But by all means prove me wrong.

flynfrog

Re: What else is there?

greenpower dude reloaded wrote:Ok, well you've all been incredibly helpful with the design and construction of my Greenpower cars (that post will probably be updated later today BTW, made a few break throughs and the car is slowly starting to look sexy, bare with me I know it looks simplistic now but it'll look great by the time it's done)

So, at the end of my 9th season I will more than likely retire, but what's next?

I desperately need a project, something EV based ideally, but doesn't have to be, I love being on the cutting edge, plus I don't know a vast amount about engines :o

The other criteria is competition, I'll never get it done if I don't have a deadline. In an ideal world i'd like something relatively open, I'd like to be able to make my own impact, with the view of one day getting involved in proffessional motorsport.

The Academic route has never really been for me and at 21 I already feel i'm getting too old :/ My tactic usually is to say, look ok I may not have the qualifications but look what I can and have done by myself at home with a drill press. haha! It's worked everytime so far. Every interview I've been to I have got the job, even once all the positions were filled at my last job.

TBH I think i'm asking the impossible but I'd be grateful of any suggestions.

I've heard about the EV Cup but I don't really fancy that. It's not very open IMHO. But by all means prove me wrong.
What about the automotive X prize

or set a record on the salt flats

maybe built yourself a Daily driver EV

greenpower dude reloaded

Re: What else is there?

Was really tempted by Automotive X - Prize but I feel it's too late now :(

Got out bid at a bonhams auction trying to buy this http://news.cnet.com/i/ne/p/2005/55motion500x333.jpg earlier in the year. Working on and off with one or two people to make a Land Speed record car. Can you believe the UK electric land speed record is in the region of 139mph! haha!

Thought long and hard about the commuter EV but in the end decided I'd never finish it.

EDIT: The registration period for the Competition Division closed on February 28, 2009 and we are no longer accepting applications.

Bugger..