Electric car project. It`s not about racing but could be.

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Jan_83

Electric car project. It`s not about racing but could be.

Hello everybody.

Who is interested in a new car development Project? I know that there was a request for a car development project before. But tonight I had the Idea to start a new one with different purpose.
The Idea is that there are so many people around in this forum with a strong technical background or are experienced engineers. Maybe that some of you have the possibility to use their jobs CAE systems for a hobby engineering project. Besides that there are artists and electric engineers.
So you can see that there is much potential in this forum. Think about using the power of the internet to develop a car.
Because it’s an electric car we need a small “i” which shows the ecological correctness and an “e” for electric itself J. Let's call the project "mi-eWorld-Vehicle" from now on or short “MEV”.
If you are interested please write me a pm. Then we can go into the basic planning, organisation and think about the project’s framework.
It should be possible to manage the project with freeware tools like GantProject and Freemind. The CAD file type later should be step or iges for the different CAD Systems we are using and 3ds for them who will use 3d Modelling Software. And later we need a file exchange server. For the ones who are students there is the possibility to use Autodesk Software for free as I know. As long we do not earn money with this project.

I’m happy about everybody who is interested.

Greetings,
Jan

autogyro
autogyro

Re: Electric car project. It`s not about racing but could be.

I have a number of hybrid and EV projects on the go and I may have some input for this project.
I have 'bumped' it because I think it is an area of importance for the future and useful for F1Tech.
However it would be nice to exchange the detail on the forum rather than just in PMs.

marcush.
marcush.

ah ..as I work randomly in that area (battery cooling ) i might be able to provide a
few bits here and there..

Jan_83

autogyro wrote: However it would be nice to exchange the detail on the forum rather than just in PMs.
That's totally OK. It's great. I suppose you are mainly working on powertrain and electrics. Is that right?
marcush. wrote:ah ..as I work randomly in that area (battery cooling ) i might be able to provide a
few bits here and there..
perfect.

I think the best thing would be to design a racecar. I like the Idea of a formula/prototype-style car.
Just now I'm busy. Later or tomorrow I will post some more ideas.