Internships:

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
mach11
mach11

Internships:

Hey all, I think this topiuc already exists but i was not able to search for it on the forum....

Anyways, I am doing my final year of Automotive Engineering and I am looking for some internship options in racing teams. I came across the ALTRAN-Renault internship program.... and I would like to know more about it other than what is given on the website....

Also, are there any other similar programs by various other teams in the world??? it does not matter whether it is junior formula or any series...
it is not important where you start... it is important to reach the goal and that is Formula 1.... (sorry for being too emotional on this :D )

Can anyone help me out in this....
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

mach11
mach11

Re: Internships:

i guess my question is an impossible thing huH???

marcush.
marcush.

I´d think it still is not very difficult to get a job in motorsport ,as long as you are prepared not to ask much money for it...
I´d think the best route would be to take the single seater route or try GT/LMP to get your foot in the door with experience under your belt and confidence in yourself being made for this ..what should stop you getting there?

mach11
mach11

yup... I have already started with the most elimentary thing.. FSAE team captain of my Univ... so i guess I am in the right direction....

But the thing is I am in INIDA so oppurtunities in INDIA are limited to what one might get abroad....

that is why i am looking for poosible connections for getting into motorsport....

marcush.
marcush.

as far as i know ..The Byrnes and Murrays of this world left it all behind and went to europe to get into it.
To all of my knowledge internships in the automobile industry also in motorsport departments is very easy .

I just looked up porsche website ...unfortunateely no motorsport offers at this time...

conni
conni

try Lotus they do it

conni

mach11
mach11

marcush. wrote:as far as i know ..The Byrnes and Murrays of this world left it all behind and went to europe to get into it.
To all of my knowledge internships in the automobile industry also in motorsport departments is very easy .

I just looked up porsche website ...unfortunateely no motorsport offers at this time...
marcush... is there any possiblitly of getting an internship in any racing team in UK irrespective of the series??? any idea of any teams that are there???

I shall look into it...
conni wrote:try Lotus they do it

conni
Yeah I have been following up on that... it seems they right now hire people with expererience only Min of 3-5 yrs... tough luck mate...

cyborg007
cyborg007

Hey,
I am also from India and have been searching for the same kind of internships as you have. Unfortunately I haven't found anything positive as of yet. If you happen to have any information could you please help me as well.
I have already applied to porsche, audi, bmw, ford, etc.....
please do help me if you can.

mach11
mach11

cyborg007 wrote:Hey,
I am also from India and have been searching for the same kind of internships as you have. Unfortunately I haven't found anything positive as of yet. If you happen to have any information could you please help me as well.
I have already applied to porsche, audi, bmw, ford, etc.....
please do help me if you can.
Ford is a good option but the Factory in Chennai, southern India focuses only on Road cars.

BMW does not have its motorsport division in India. And even their manufacturing plant in India only deals with assembly of Manufactured components...

But there is no harm in trying...