2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Mogster wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 00:40
Todt is at least viewing the issue with some pragmatism, Sulayem’s attitude isn’t realistic. The last thing we need is another Jean Marie Balestre.
This guy looks like he will rule with an iron fist and take no prisoners.
The stewards and race director and resbull are raising eye brows after his comments.
For Sure!!

siskue2005

ringo wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 01:25
Mogster wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 00:40
Todt is at least viewing the issue with some pragmatism, Sulayem’s attitude isn’t realistic. The last thing we need is another Jean Marie Balestre.
This guy looks like he will rule with an iron fist and take no prisoners.
The stewards and race director and resbull are raising eye brows after his comments.
Yeah from the first words coming out of his mouth looks like he is going to rule FIA like a dictator!! 8)
Maybe he is trying to sound assertive and to make everyone know who is the boss

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Jambier wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 22:31
The formula 1 rules are clear that the top 3 finishing drivers must attend.

Not really clever to insult FIA with no cars (Mercedes) and not even coming (Hamilton)

But I don't see what they can do, maybe "force" him to participate to one of the FIA days with road safety or something for the young?
He can just say he felt unwell. Prove otherwise if they want to punish him.

However, it won't look good for the FIA if they don't follow their own rules, cause a driver to lose the title, and then punish him for not following another of their rules.

It's the sort of response you'd expect from a bunch of people that, for the most part, have never achieved much success.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

f1jcw
f1jcw

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 01:56
Jambier wrote:

Not really clever to insult FIA with no cars (Mercedes) and not even coming (Hamilton)

But I don't see what they can do, maybe "force" him to participate to one of the FIA days with road safety or something for the young?

However, it won't look good for the FIA if they don't follow their own rules, cause a driver to lose the title, and then punish him for not following another of their rules.

It's the sort of response you'd expect from a bunch of people that, for the most part, have never achieved much success.
It will only help with the thoughts that it was manipulated.

Not sure why Toto dropped the appeal.

At the moment it feels like a movie moment when good guys relented and the bad guy now he's put his weapons down decide to attack.

Jolle
Jolle

f1jcw wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 02:29
Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 01:56
Jambier wrote:

It will only help with the thoughts that it was manipulated.

Not sure why Toto dropped the appeal.

At the moment it feels like a movie moment when good guys relented and the bad guy now he's put his weapons down decide to attack.
There were probably talks between Wolf and the FIA, with the FIA pleading for dropping the matter. In return the FIA will examen the way the last race was conducted.

If this works, the FIA has in recent history twice averted a big crisis with political shadow boxing (we still remember the Ferrari engine deal right?). If the “new” FIA wants to open a case for Wolff and Hamilton not attending a horrible gala/press conference after a long and smudged season during an ongoing pandemic, I think the FIA hasn’t seen the worst of Toto yet…

PlatinumZealot

Jambier wrote:

I wonder what the penalties are?
Must attend or else?

Lose his superlicense?

This Sulayem guy might not be a fan of Mercedes it seems. If anything he could show favouritism to the Arabian backed teams like McLaren and Williams ( unless thos shares were bought by Dorilton).
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

fritticaldi

Here is an example : FIA can penalize Mercedes by not allowing them to score points for the first two races in 2022 as punishment for not attending the prize ceremony. What Wolff and Hamilton did was selfish, arrogant and unsportsmanlike. Mercedes , Wolff and Hamilton need to learn how to lose. They had it good for so many years and must realize that their dominance was going to end at some point. The new FIA president will make his entry and presence felt right away. Unforgiving is the key word. So what if Hamilton quits? Nyck de Vries is more than capable as a substitute.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

https://racingnews365.com/new-fia-presi ... on-no-show

New FIA President hints at leniency towards 'broken' Hamilton's no-show
Yesterday, 18:20
Newly-elected FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem says Lewis Hamilton's failure to show for the Prize-Giving Gala won't be swept under the carpet, but that the way the governing body enforce their rules will be improved.

Author
Dieter Rencken
Co-author
Thomas Maher

dans79

fritticaldi wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 05:42
What Wolff and Hamilton did was selfish, arrogant and unsportsmanlike. Mercedes , Wolff and Hamilton need to learn how to lose.
If they had lost in the traditional fashion, they probably would have been fine. However given the RD weirdness, I think they have every right to do what they are doing!
201 105 104 9 9 7

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

There were no ‘intended’ neither ‘honest’ mistake by race direction in Abu Dhabi, the decisions were taken in the interest of the sports, it was all about ‘let them race’. A restart was always a must even if only one lap was left once the track was clear. Cars that mattered in-between the championship race contenders being ordered to move out of the way before the re-start was the proper decision taken. As was the decision to restart the race even with one lap left. It is incredible reading the opinions pushed forward by some leading sites ‘direction/influencers’ pushing for the head of race director in their totally biased reasoning. Did these ‘F1 sites directions/influencers’ really wanted the championship decided under a safety car with no chance of two contenders to race to the flag and so no chance of overtaking each other?. Opinions biased or not is of course a right of these F1 sites directions/influencers and also a right of theirs to share their opinions with their followers instead of letting their followers trash it out between themselves. These people being in a position to influence a lot of others are the once that are causing the most harm to the sports we follow. It is most disrespectful to the sports for the losing team and driver not to attend the end of season prize giving and they should be made to answer for their sports disrepute and carry the consequences.

proteus

Well as it seems by the emerging videos thatToto managed to get himself in the good mood quite quickly after the race.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

adrianjordan

fritticaldi wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 05:42
.... Hamilton need to learn how to lose....
You mean he should have taken a moment to get his thoughts together while sat in his car, then once out go and congratulate Max on winning. Take part in the podium ceremony (not storm off before the champagne like a spoilt brat - oh, who did that at the previous race?) and then keep quiet on social media despite calls from every corner of the F1 world to speak his mind?

Like that?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

toraabe
toraabe

I have said it before. How did Hamilton win his first title? Last corner in Brazil.. Hamilton did with Massa what Verstappen did with Hamilton. Just a part of racing. I assume that Verstappen will face a much bigger task next year. Both Russell and Hamilton.. Unless their car is underperforming

El Scorchio

toraabe wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 14:21
I have said it before. How did Hamilton win his first title? Last corner in Brazil.. Hamilton did with Massa what Verstappen did with Hamilton. Just a part of racing. I assume that Verstappen will face a much bigger task next year. Both Russell and Hamilton.. Unless their car is underperforming
The two situations are absolutely incomparable. Last time I checked, in 2008 the race director didn't alter the rules of the sport during the deciding race, directly altering the outcome.

siskue2005

toraabe wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 14:21
Did they alter the rules to spice things up in 2008 Brazil ?
It was raining and everyone pitted for intermediates and Lewis dropped to 5th after Vettel overtook him (Lewis wanted 4th place for WDC).. Glock stayed out on dry tyres in 3rd place and in the last lap it's rained alot and Glock couldn't hold and hence Lewis got 4th place...
Where do u think the RD manipulated the rules in the name of spicing things up or pressure from the competitor ?

How is this part of racing?