2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

SmallSoldier wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 12:48
Well, if you know the mode of failure… Then please enlighten us.

According to PhillipM it isn’t “heat” related and it’s something that definitely has caught the team by surprise… The reality is that they have the smallest brake ducts in the grid, they innovated in that area and something is either not working as expected, the fact that is not an easy fix means that is embedded in the design and part of the challenge of having the tests in Bahrain is that they can’t send parts as quick as they would if it was in Barcelona.

It is testing after all, this is when they need to push limits and break stuff in order to find the weak points and therefore address them… When you start bring things to the limit, you are bound to find some issues… I just find the overreaction by some baffling, i wouldn’t call the team a “laughing stock”.
I can’t help with the mode of failure. I’m not a highly paid F1 engineer supposedly at the top of my game.

I do like the calm nature you have about it, we are all different which I respect.

I just can’t believe that after 3 days testing in Barcelona, 2 filming days- one in Bahrain, they have such a daft issue curtailing their running. It just goes to show how far Mclaren need to come before they can have any real aspirations to beat the likes of Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari.

Anyway I’ll stop commenting about this and any other rubbish from testing now and just hope that I’m eating my words come December🤞🏻👍🏻
Just a fan's point of view

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 14:46
CjC wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 14:45
_cerber1 wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 14:37
If I was Ric I’d make myself available to drive. It’s not like there is going to be much to do
Dude, if you are sick its not a matter of wanting or not wanting to drive.

If he is unable to, he won't drive. That's all there is to it.
Correct, don’t get me wrong I’m not saying he should drive sick- just saying that there isn’t much meaningful running being done
Just a fan's point of view

mwillems

SmallSoldier wrote:

According to PhillipM it isn’t “heat” related and it’s something that definitely has caught the team by surprise… The reality is that they have the smallest brake ducts in the grid, they innovated in that area and something is either not working as expected, the fact that is not an easy fix means that is embedded in the design and part of the challenge of having the tests in Bahrain is that they can’t send parts as quick as they would if it was in Barcelona.

It is testing after all, this is when they need to push limits and break stuff in order to find the weak points and therefore address them… When you start bring things to the limit, you are bound to find some issues… I just find the overreaction by some baffling, i wouldn’t call the team a “laughing stock”.
They appear to have an innovative cooling solution with some hidden slots in the nose of the car. This is where they seem to be working at the moment and apparently have been looking at for some time.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

_cerber1

According to Marko
1. Ferrari
2. RB
3. MB and McLaren

McL-H
McL-H

From the outside, I must admit, the issue they are having with overheating brakes seems like complete amateurism to me. What did we expect going to the desert? How come we were not prepared? Two days down the bin because of this. Unbelievable.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

mwillems wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 15:01
They appear to have an innovative cooling solution with some hidden slots in the nose of the car. This is where they seem to be working at the moment and apparently have been looking at for some time.
I think Sam is wrong about this. I don't think there is a cooling inlet but rather that it is used to push more air along the sidepod.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

_cerber1 wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 15:21
According to Marko
1. Ferrari
2. RB
3. MB and McLaren
Not that bad given current issues.

the EDGE
the EDGE

_cerber1 wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 15:21
According to Marko
1. Ferrari
2. RB
3. MB and McLaren
Well I’d take it… but all Marko spew’s these days is propaganda, so I’ll just wait to see what happens a week tomorrow

Macklaren
Macklaren

I don't think this is about the brake cooling vents causing overheating. Seidl has been quote as saying it is primarily a front axle + brake issue. So either this is a newly designed part that is causing an issue or a manufacturing problem

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

mwillems wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

That sounds pretty cool… I’ll keep an eye for any pictures or more info regarding it.

Macklaren
Macklaren

SmallSoldier wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 15:57
mwillems wrote:

That sounds pretty cool… I’ll keep an eye for any pictures or more info regarding it.
Scarbs had some pics and Sky showed video of it as well

wogx

Lando stopped immediately after exiting pit-stop, session red flagged.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Emag
Emag

Somewhat irrelevant, but McLaren is apparently the only team that opposed Haas having an extra testing session.

Even on a normal situation I would say that's petty, but given how things are going, it's so much worse. I would be humiliated. It looks like they are scared of Haas overtaking them ...

What a f*king disaster this has been. Everything I have read about McLaren since this test started has progressively angered me.

It's now borderline "weekend-ruining" levels of anger. The sh!t that's been going on is so depressing.

Horrible.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Emag wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 17:04
Somewhat irrelevant, but McLaren is apparently the only team that opposed Haas having an extra testing session.

Even on a normal situation I would say that's petty, but given how things are going, it's so much worse. I would be humiliated. It looks like they are scared of Haas overtaking them ...

What a f*king disaster this has been. Everything I have read about McLaren since this test started has progressively angered me.

It's now borderline "weekend-ruining" levels of anger. The sh!t that's been going on is so depressing.

Horrible.
I clearly live on a different planet to you. Maybe go for a walk and have a breather

bauc

Emag wrote:
11 Mar 2022, 17:04

Horrible.
Stop spreading bad vibes man, we all want the best for the team, stop crying, put a brave face and face your fears.... I've been with this team since 1997, we had up's and downs (more downs obviously) so if you are a fan of Mclaren believe it in and hang on!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg