2022 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 18 - 20

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Re: 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 18 - 20

Restomaniac wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:35
N21 wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:27
Tvetovnato wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:24
Wow, the toxicity is already at Abu Dhabi levels and nothing controversial has even happened yet!

What a positive surprise, I thought Newey was going to walk away with this, but Ferrari really held up the pre-season hype for once. Tomorrow will throw some surprises I’m sure, and it’ll be interesting to see the deg of the different cars.

Really impressed by Carlos turnaround, and his humbleness in the post Q interview. Please let it stay this close during the season…
Exactly this. Shame to see such rubbish on this forum. Real fans should be excited that Ferrari is up there again
People are. It’s also fair and perfect valid to point out that Verstappen and LeClerc are never going to invite each other to any parties………putting it mildly. I personally would go as far as to say Leclerc dislikes Verstappen but others may disagree.
Most of it is DTS hype mind you. They were happily chatting away whilst Carlos was doing his interview with DC. But I bet they won’t give eachother an inch on track that’s for sure. SAI I would say is the slightly cleverer wheel to wheel racer of those 3

jurinius
jurinius

Binotto is a techy at first. It is not like applying pressure on Arrivabene. Anyways it is a pleasure to see Ferrari at the top, even Toto knew it in pre season.

We will see a Harlem shake when Mercedes will close the gap... the first race is tomorrow, drivers can still make difference and improve positions.
“And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.”
― Ayrton Senna

f1316
f1316

In addition to the weird graphics issues the other annoyance was that in both runs the coverage focused exclusively on the Mercedes’ - who were clearly not setting the fastest sectors (unless the director was fooled by the purples!) - and we barely saw the Ferrari’s and Max.

JordanMugen

Hoffman900 wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:33
I am really bummed out for Mclaren.
Is it a lack of data problem from the technical issues, or an actual car concept problem? :?:

Norris insisted the car is not too bad at medium to high speed corners, so it should be ok at some of the other circuits.

f1316 wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:38
In addition to the weird graphics issues the other annoyance was that in both runs the coverage focused exclusively on the Mercedes’
Because they were the first cars out of the pits and first cars to start the hot lap. I guess it would be rude to cut away from the hot lap to someone else's hot lap.
Last edited by JordanMugen on 19 Mar 2022, 18:39, edited 2 times in total.

search

if my notes are right, these are the tyre sets the drivers have left for tomorrow (completed laps per used set in brackets):

So for those three in front it's completely similar

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

JordanMugen wrote:
Hoffman900 wrote:
Is it a lack of data problem from the technical issues, or an actual car concept problem? :?:

Norris insisted the car is not too bad at medium to high speed corners, so it should be ok at some of the other circuits.
I’m reminded a driver axiom “smooth is fast”. While true, slow can be smooth as well.

I don’t know the data shakes out that the car is that much better than it’s front running peers in the medium- faster stuff.

It could be working great and just be slow. Really not sure yet and we need to see it on a wider set of tracks.

f1316
f1316

jurinius wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:37
Binotto is a techy at first. It is not like applying pressure on Arrivabene. Anyways it is a pleasure to see Ferrari at the top, even Toto knew it in pre season.
Binotto’s journey is interesting because there was also resistance (externally) to him becoming technical director, given he was an engine and not aero guy. Glad to see him finally coming through after seemingly inheriting quite a few legacy issues - that then got largely locked in for two years with a pandemic - and coming out the other side with his head held high.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:37
Restomaniac wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:35
N21 wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:27

Exactly this. Shame to see such rubbish on this forum. Real fans should be excited that Ferrari is up there again
People are. It’s also fair and perfect valid to point out that Verstappen and LeClerc are never going to invite each other to any parties………putting it mildly. I personally would go as far as to say Leclerc dislikes Verstappen but others may disagree.
Most of it is DTS hype mind you. They were happily chatting away whilst Carlos was doing his interview with DC. But I bet they won’t give eachother an inch on track that’s for sure. SAI I would say is the slightly cleverer wheel to wheel racer of those 3
It goes back as far as them karting against each other. Anyone can be polite with somebody you dislike when the worlds cameras are on you. However when that same person tries to muscle you off the track? Different situation entirely.

f1316
f1316

search wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:39
if my notes are right, these are the tyre sets the drivers have left for tomorrow (completed laps per used set in brackets):

https://i.imgur.com/Bgevqlz.png

So for those three in front it's completely similar
Wouldn’t be surprised if RB throws a curveball with Checo and puts him on the contra strategy.

grubschumi13
grubschumi13

Aston Martin are really poor. They had a lot of time to get these regs right. By the looks of things they are joint slowest with Williams. Now the Otmar Szafnauer leaving is looking really bad on them. Also Stroll was really poor.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Want to give props to Bottas as well. He’s driving the wheels off that car.

max_speed
max_speed

Happy for ferrari they deserved it but i guess redbull will be a beast to beat in race and they have been fighting at front so they have edge on starategies and pit stop front, hopefully ferrari can pull it off. Fight between Lecrec and verstappen will be great, this time lecrec has nothing to loose like verstappen last year.

nimoraca
nimoraca

The downside for Ferarri is they have two fast drivers while RedBull only has one ;). Hope that doesn't decide the championship.

f1316
f1316

JordanMugen wrote:
Hoffman900 wrote:

f1316 wrote:
In addition to the weird graphics issues the other annoyance was that in both runs the coverage focused exclusively on the Mercedes’
Because they were the first cars out of the pits and first cars to start the hot lap. I guess it would be rude to cut away from the hot lap to someone else's hot lap.
I mean, they do that all the time - if Alonso had been first out, we wouldn’t have followed him all the way round, they tend to focus on the protagonists.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Artur Craft wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:34
Tvetovnato wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:24
What a positive surprise, I thought Newey was going to walk away with this, but Ferrari really held up the pre-season hype for once.
Hold your horses mate. Ferrari held up, so far. They already got some poles last year but couldn´t keep up on the race. If Max doesn´t run into distance, then we can say Ferrari is up for a fight.

With everybody talking about RB, Ferrari, Mercedes and their drivers, Mclaren´s appalling performance is being overlooked
Yeah, but the car this year has shown more positive signs in all areas than last years car ever did.

But you are right. Even if Ferrari manage to win tomorrow, it’s no guarantee that they will be up there next time around. I’m expecting teams to find huge leaps in the coming few races, so my belief is the pecking order will settle by race 6 or 7 or so..