2022 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, April 08 - 10

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
wogx

Re: 2022 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, April 08 - 10

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

chrisc90

Dont even think Max does have any body piercings.

Still wonders me why no action has been taken against a nose stud being worn. Selective application of the rules.

Alexf1
Alexf1

Could it be HRD has turned down all their engines a bit this weekend after Yukis engine falures?

LM10
LM10

Mchamilton wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 11:20
Artur Craft wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:52
chrisc90 wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:08
Sky just showed that max lost all the time at the left hander at the end of the lap. He was a car length ahead going into there
Let´s be honest, he should have been a lot closer, at least. He just couldn´t a lap together.

@dialtone if RB and FER have the same top speed now(well RB still have 4 or 5 km/h at the 310 ish places), what do you think happened? Have RB increased their DF/drag or has Ferrari decreased their DF/drag?
PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:18
Charles is certainly the fastest driver in F1 isn't he?
He may very well be. If I had to guess so, I would pick him eventhough I don´t particularly support him

@xaero , no need to mock Alonso this time around. He likely isn´t among the fastests right now, also due to his age, but he was doing a very good job up untill his car fail
Ferrari brought a new diffuser to Aus, so perhaps they now have more rear DF from the floor so they can use a slimmer wing for the same over DF with less drag
Their wing was the same as in Bahrain. They didn’t use the diffuser. It was just a test in FP1 only on Leclerc’s car.

RedBull increased their downforce. The rear wing was much wider than recently.

LHamilton
LHamilton

JordanMugen wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 09:47
LHamilton wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 08:32
To fully understand that incident you'll need the radio communication from the teams. Because it looked like both Latifi and Stroll was trying to let faster guys through, but at different stages. If you were to ask me who's fault it is, I would put it slightly on Latifi.
It cannot possibly be Latifi's fault. Stroll drove straight into Latifi. It's 100% Stroll's fault.

Radio communications do not overrule basic courtesy and duty to avoid a collision, especially on an out-lap!
Obviously you have to take radio communications into consideration. If Stroll and Latifi both were given instructions that people behind were quicker, Stroll naturally would go towards the right side to leave room on the racing line. Should he look in his mirrors? Yes. Was Latifi slightly erratic in his driving? Yes. He almost came to a complete stop, and almost collided into Stroll before the incident happen. So I gave Latifi slightly more blame GIVEN(!) that Stroll had intentions of letting faster cars go by. BUT, by the looks of it, that wasn't the case, hearing from him in the interviews. So in that case I would say Stroll is the one that caused the incident, since he had no intentions to let other people go by, so he didn't have to go to the right side and thus doesn't have that excuse.

Sure, you should always avoid a crash. But, let's say that there was a fast car coming behind him and he DIDN'T go to right, he would've gotten a slam dunk penalty for blocking. And the only reason for it would've been Latifi flooring it on the inside.

If you can't see the difference in these situations, I don't know what to say. Because they are FAR from close to eachother. Hence why context is important.

Sevach
Sevach

Still porpoising in the run to turn 9 but a lot less than yesterday, car loses some speed there and i think he lifts slightly earlier than he would in a perfectly flat car for T9.
Ferrari is probably counting on the lesser deployment and by consequence lower speeds to keep the car from bouncing on sunday.

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Sevach wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 12:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkOIdLp ... l=FORMULA1

Still porpoising in the run to turn 9 but a lot less than yesterday, car loses some speed there and i think he lifts slightly earlier than he would in a perfectly flat car for T9.
Ferrari is probably counting on the lesser deployment and by consequence lower speeds to keep the car from bouncing on sunday.
Great lap from Charles, I think when it comes to extracting peak performance from the new cars, he is the top, whereas MV visibly struggles. Although, that's better than yesterday, this is a lot of porpoising still.

It will be another great battle tomorrow I think, RB and Ferrari are closer than Q.

Juzh

Leclerc pole lap (fixed engine sound + telemetry)
https://streamable.com/gzdse5

search

LHamilton wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 12:11
Obviously you have to take radio communications into consideration. If Stroll and Latifi both were given instructions that people behind were quicker, Stroll naturally would go towards the right side to leave room on the racing line. Should he look in his mirrors? Yes. Was Latifi slightly erratic in his driving? Yes. He almost came to a complete stop, and almost collided into Stroll before the incident happen. So I gave Latifi slightly more blame GIVEN(!) that Stroll had intentions of letting faster cars go by. BUT, by the looks of it, that wasn't the case, hearing from him in the interviews. So in that case I would say Stroll is the one that caused the incident, since he had no intentions to let other people go by, so he didn't have to go to the right side and thus doesn't have that excuse.
Latifi was told to let Stroll go by, as he was starting a hot lap. He aborted it though, and Williams didn't realize, leaving Latifi dangling around the course waiting for a car to pass.

As Latifi realized Stroll was slow as well, he attempted to get it back, while Stroll was told to "hold" the superiour track position. But timing is key here, of course, and difficult to say from the outside, as radio communicaiton is a bit delayed on F1TV. If Stroll got that information before the crash, saw Latifi coming, and cut the line to defend position, I'd think +3 would even be too small a penalty. If not, it looks fair to me.

LM10
LM10

chrisc90 wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:08
Sky just showed that max lost all the time at the left hander at the end of the lap. He was a car length ahead going into there
This has been the case all weekend long, no surprise. The Ferrari is untouchable in sector 3, especially last 2 corners.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Shrieker

Just watched the rerun of qualy.

Lmao @ Stroll and Latifi :lol: Two drivers that shouldn't be in F1, causing massive headache for their respective teams.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Shrieker

Tvetovnato wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 13:00
Reprimand at most probably.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

Max again making errors under pressure. Thats also what Marko said. So stop beaching around.
Dont See how Alpine was a Pole contender today as some experts do. Half a second slower in S3...

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Shrieker wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 13:36
Tvetovnato wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 13:00
Reprimand at most probably.
Yeap, nothing to see here.