2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JordanMugen

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

=D>

Redragon wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 01:50
WTF! :evil: :wtf:

What on earth is going on? Why such a definitive statement from Piastri: "I will not be driving for Alpine next season." :?:

Are the terms of the McLaren contract so much more favourable for Piastri? :?:

It seems ill-advised to burn bridges like this, assuming Alonso, Webber (and Piastri) have conspired together to make this mess (announcements just after Piastri's contract expired) just for their own personal amusement! :o

I wouldn't put it past that being the explanation, given how Alonso backed up Hamilton at Monaco just for the Spaniard's own amusement.

sec
sec

Wat if he's going to alpha tauri??

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Alonso Fan wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 01:52
ringo wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 01:41
Then why does Ocon has more points?
Im not a Max fan.. but I do not think Alonso can handle Max. Both on track and with mind games.
I am more a fan of Alonso. My greatest respects for Alonso and Hamilton as f1 pilots in the purest sense, but I have to be realistic.
These young drivers these days are highly specialized and high trained with simulators.
Alonso is doing a very inpecable job to be qualifying the car very high, but something happens in the races where Ocon always finds him and scores higher. Theyre always crossing paths on track. This means they have similar race pace.
This is why ocon is ahead on points.

Like come on man you're just making yourself look stupid at this point. Alonso has been faster than Ocon in qualifying and the races by quite some margin in most races. Last year was much more even while alonso was getting back into the swing of things and getting the car more to his liking. This year its no question who is the faster driver

I mean, with your flawed logic you could make a better case for Hamilton being past his prime against Russel
Please don't waste your time in clarifying those people who hate Alonso at any cost. It is total waste of our time and energy.

Alonso is great driver!

peewon

JordanMugen wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 04:44

=D>

Redragon wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 01:50
WTF! :evil: :wtf:

What on earth is going on? Why such a definitive statement from Piastri: "I will not be driving for Alpine next season." :?:

Are the terms of the McLaren contract so much more favourable for Piastri? :?:

It seems ill-advised to burn bridges like this, assuming Alonso, Webber (and Piastri) have conspired together to make this mess (announcements just after Piastri's contract expired) just for their own personal amusement! :o

I wouldn't put it past that being the explanation, given how Alonso backed up Hamilton at Monaco just for the Spaniard's own amusement.
Lets recap a bit here. Alpine did not secure Piastri a drive before his deadline ran out. At the same time tried to strong arm Alonso into a contract they wanted with Otmar making ludicrous statements in public, thinking he has no other option. Then when Alonso didnt roll over for them, they tried a power move by announcing Piastri in the middle of the night in Australia, thinking he'll dare not say no to them publicly. This all comes on the back of Acrimonious departures of Prost, Budkowski, Abiteboul and discontent from Brivio.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Not a good management it seems. They should have given Alonso 2+1 as Piastri moving out. They should have smelled it before if they have a good management.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

Alpine announces Oscar Piastri race seat foe 2023 while Oscar declares I will not be driving for them next year. Does anybody remember anything of the sort in the past?

ringo

Piastri is out of order for such a rebuttal. If any driver was ungrateful it would be this guy.
Alpine has given him such an opportunity to work with them as reserve, he should atleast be more diplomatic in his clarification. At least say that well I have not finalized where I am going as yet; even if you have no plans to stay with Alpine.
The good this is that this creates a nice opening for another driver who deserves a race seat.
If I had to guess, maybe the return of Grosjean, or Riciardo.
For Sure!!

Stu

saviour stivala wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 07:58
Alpine announces Oscar Piastri race seat foe 2023 while Oscar declares I will not be driving for them next year. Does anybody remember anything of the sort in the past?
Just posted this in the McLaren thread…

Different era, but this reminds me of Jean Alesi after his first year at Tyrell (great car, great driver!!); signing for Williams, and then signing for Ferrari (and the first that Williams know about it is when Ferrari make the press release!

Oh, Gasly to go to Alpine. He needs to make a high dollar move before his value drops much more…..
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

''Alesi/Williams/FERRARI was totally different. Oscar signed for nobody yet.

JordanMugen

ringo wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 07:59
Piastri is out of order for such a rebuttal. If any driver was ungrateful it would be this guy.
:roll:

Grateful for no 2022 drive and not even a FP1 session. Wonderful. Alpine had plenty of time to arrange a finalised Piastri drive at Alpine or on loan before the deadline.

For example, Alpine could have simply put out the same release they did "2023 driver line-up confirmed: Esteban Ocon 🤝 Oscar Piastri ... Oscar Piastri is promoted to a race seat." but have done so in March, April, May, June or even early July. The problem would have been solved.

Alpine, to the contrary, were sluggish in the extreme to confirm the promotion in a timely manner. It led some to doubt whether Alpine even thought Piastri was competent enough to drive for Alpine F1 team at all, despite past rookies like Kovalainen, Grosjean and others being deemed sufficiently competent to both drive and debut for the team.

JordanMugen wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 13:52
At this point it seems Piastri & Webber will wait for the Alpine contract to expire due to Alpine not providing an F1 drive of any kind (loan etc), and then look for an unencumbered contract elsewhere such as Williams, McLaren, Aston Martin or Red Bull junior program? :)
Piastri and Webber have merely taken this option, as expected. :)
Last edited by JordanMugen on 03 Aug 2022, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.

djos

JordanMugen wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 08:25
ringo wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 07:59
:roll:

Grateful for no 2022 drive and not even a FP1 session. Wonderful. Alpine had plenty of time to arrange a finalised Piastri drive at Alpine or on loan before the deadline.

For example, Alpine could have simply put out the same release they did "our 2023 line-up is Esteban Ocon and Oscar Piastri" but have done so in March, April, May, June or even early July. The problem would have been solved.
Alpine have been stringing Oscar along and now he’s kicked them to the curb. Seems fair to me:
"In downforce we trust"

r101
r101

I think the most fun part would be Alpine taking Oscar up on 2024 contract option even though he drives for McLaren in 2023.

max_speed
max_speed

F1 is tough business. Drivers/Team everyone is selfish and working for a purpose. You have to be selfish to survive here and increase probability of being successful. Survival of fittest does apply here. Alpine management under estimated. Rossi is new to F1 business but what szufaner did ? He is seasoned Team principal and should have pushed Team to make moves fast unless Rossi does not listen to anybody and call all shots , as hinted by people who left. Complete management created disaster.

Big Tea

r101 wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 08:57
I think the most fun part would be Alpine taking Oscar up on 2024 contract option even though he drives for McLaren in 2023.
Could they do that if the contract was not renewed this year? Even it possible, going by the date it would fall mid year which is no good to anyone and would with out doubt be overridden in any court if OP had an existing contract elsewhere (cash remuneration to said value)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Miha_v
Miha_v

max_speed wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 10:18
F1 is tough business. Drivers/Team everyone is selfish and working for a purpose. You have to be selfish to survive here and increase probability of being successful. Survival of fittest does apply here. Alpine management under estimated. Rossi is new to F1 business but what szufaner did ? He is seasoned Team principal and should have pushed Team to make moves fast unless Rossi does not listen to anybody and call all shots , as hinted by people who left. Complete management created disaster.
Well written, I agree.

If Piastri goes to Mclaren and prolongs his contract beyond 2023, they have just lost a top class driver for nothing. Bad managment based on too many assumptions.