2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10
NAPI10

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

JordanMugen wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:03
SmallSoldier wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 15:57
The drama is over… and apparently there won’t be any law suits or requests for any restitutions…
Andreas Seidl:
"The contract recognition board decided there was no case. I don't know why the other side thought they had a case."

:lol:

So much for the claims of Alpine having the more skilled lawyers.
Otmar caught pants down again..worst thing happened to Alpine when they appoint this guy as TP.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Jolle wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:39
Jolle wrote: Well, obvious Alpine were caught in there entitlement that they thought that Alonso had no where to go and Piastri would be a reserve for another year. Webber-Alonso-Briatore just screwed over Renault.
Weber-Alonso-Briatote didn’t screwed Alpine… Alpine screwed Alpine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let’s say they made use of Alpine’s “who do you think we are?” Attitude
That’s pretty accurate I would say… The did have a lot of arrogance through the process… Arguing that Fernando was too old to warrant a 2 year deal and that they would evaluate him on a season by season basis… and with Oscar, thinking that they could do with him as they pleased.

One would hope they will learn from this… But I’m afraid that it won’t be the case… As long as they have people like Otmar that craves been in the spotlight, playing victim and having the last word, it will be hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Prodigy
The Prodigy

The real question is: Did Alonso knew that Piastri signed the contract with McLaren on July 4?

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

The Prodigy wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 17:36
The real question is: Did Alonso knew that Piastri signed the contract with McLaren on July 4?
Probably the least relevant question to this whole saga after what has been revealed today. Fernando wanted a 2 year deal and was locked into negotiations, Alpine weren't budging. If he knew he had that kind of leverage of Oscar signing a deal with McLaren as far back as the 4th of July, don't you think he would have used it? After all, Seb's seat wasn't even available back then.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 17:54
The Prodigy wrote:
Probably the least relevant question to this whole saga after what has been revealed today. Fernando wanted a 2 year deal and was locked into negotiations, Alpine weren't budging. If he knew he had that kind of leverage of Oscar signing a deal with McLaren as far back as the 4th of July, don't you think he would have used it? After all, Seb's seat wasn't even available back then.
Alonso said he told Rossi he was gonna sign with Aston.

diffuser

Jolle wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:29
Michelangelo wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:19
If it was obvious Piastri won't be driving for them, why didn't they offer that multi year deal Alonso wanted?
Well, obvious Alpine were caught in there entitlement that they thought that Alonso had no where to go and Piastri would be a reserve for another year. Webber-Alonso-Briatore just screwed over Renault.
It doesn't have anything to do with that. They have their reasons for not offering Alonso a 2 year contract, valid or not. Obviously they were hoping he'd stay but knew there were risks that he'd go to Aston after Vettel's announcement.

The whole issue with Piastri comes down to the contract they signed with him. They definitely need to review their contract process and who reviews them. You need someone that is an expert in that kind of law. All Alpine can do now, is make sure it doesn't happen again. This would never happen to RBR.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 18:32
Jolle wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:29
Michelangelo wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:19
If it was obvious Piastri won't be driving for them, why didn't they offer that multi year deal Alonso wanted?
Well, obvious Alpine were caught in there entitlement that they thought that Alonso had no where to go and Piastri would be a reserve for another year. Webber-Alonso-Briatore just screwed over Renault.
It doesn't have anything to do with that. They have their reasons for not offering Alonso a 2 year contract, valid or not. Obviously they were hoping he'd stay but knew there were risks that he'd go to Aston after Vettel's announcement.

The whole issue with Piastri comes down to the contract they signed with him. They definitely need to review their contract process and who reviews them. You need someone that is an expert in that kind of law. All Alpine can do now, is make sure it doesn't happen again. This would never happen to RBR.
RBR racing is about get a big fat check from Alpine for Gasly :lol: . It would NEVER happen to RBR.
A lion must kill its prey.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

diffuser wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 18:19
Ground Effect wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 17:54
The Prodigy wrote:
Alonso said he told Rossi he was gonna sign with Aston.
He could only tell him that after Seb had announced his retirement though, which was announced 28th July, Oscar signed with McLaren on the 4th of July, so not sure how possible or relevant it was to Fernando’s own contract negotiations with Alpine.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Mansell89
Mansell89

If Rossi had any sense he’d fire this Team Principle.

Miles out of his depth.

RedNEO

Half a million for contract reading lessons..

RedNEO

Mansell89 wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 18:55
If Rossi had any sense he’d fire this Team Principle.

Miles out of his depth.
Rossi is the chief architect of this..

ringo

The Prodigy wrote:
Based on events, only Piastri knew. Alpine did not. So they would assume the heads of agreement was being honored.
So basically.. Piasti is still a snake and Alpine will just have find another driver.
He should at least say hey I will leave if i dont have a contract.. other teams are interested in signing me. It would have given him some leverage. Because I do feel the Alpine will be a good car next year, based on their trajectory.

What may change now.. is how contracts are done. What will the heads of agreement mean if it holds nothing?

Then on the flip side.. how does Daniel feel knowing that there was nothing he could have done to retain his seat. Piastri was already signed.
For Sure!!

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

ringo wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 19:35
The Prodigy wrote:
Based on events, only Piastri knew. Alpine did not. So they would assume the heads of agreement was being honored.
So basically.. Piasti is still a snake and Alpine will just have find another driver.
He should at least say hey I will leave if i dont have a contract.. other teams are interested in signing me. It would have given him some leverage. Because I do feel the Alpine will be a good car next year, based on their trajectory.

What may change now.. is how contracts are done. What will the heads of agreement mean if it holds nothing?

Then on the flip side.. how does Daniel feel knowing that there was nothing he could have done to retain his seat. Piastri was already signed.
Alpine absolutely knew Piastri was looking at other options, Otmar mentioned this the day Fernando signed, before they made their unauthorised announcement. F1 is cutthroat, not just on the teams side, who have to cover your backside. Anyways, as Fernando said about a former Renault driver that was shafted by the team, (one of many, by the way) Karma!

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Ground Effect wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 19:47
ringo wrote:
The Prodigy wrote:

Alpine absolutely knew Piastri was looking at other options, Otmar mentioned this the day Fernando signed, before they made their unauthorised announcement. F1 is cutthroat, not just on the teams side, who have to cover your backside. Anyways, as Fernando said about a former Renault driver that was shafted by the team, (one of many, by the way) Karma!
Daniel said his axing followed months of discussions, so I guess he knew that it wasn’t looking good for him.

JordanMugen

ringo wrote:
What a load of nonsense. If Alpine wanted Piastri to race their car in 2023, they had every chance to offer Piastri an Alpine race driver contract in May or June or earlier.

A Heads of Terms agreement is non-binding and not a contract by definition. The Alpine race team had every opportunity to sign a binding racing driver contract instead in a timely manner... Yet by May or June, they had not even put Piastri in the car for Free Practice, let alone draw up and have signed a race driver contract with Piastri! :shock:

To the contrary, the Alpine racing driver contract was not only not offered to Piastri, it was even offered to alternative driver Alonso instead of Piastri! :o
Last edited by JordanMugen on 02 Sep 2022, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.