Fiat buy 35% of Chrysler!

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Conceptual
Conceptual

Re: Fiat buy 35% of Chrysler!

Ray wrote:
Ciro Pabón wrote:They filed for bankruptcy protection, Ray. The money they received has been used to keep the company afloat while they make a plan. The board is changing, xpensive.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/01/busin ... to.html?hp
Doesn't matter what they filed for, they still got money they didn't deserve, nor money that was legal to create from nothing and give to the unworthy. People have to know they either succeed or fail. There is no middle ground. It has cost us as a nation more money, blood, sweat, and tears to give these inept business leaders illegal money than it would have to let them go tits up. Simple as that. Why is it that Mom and Pop chains can go out of business and corporations that are woefully inefficient can't? Because they aren't lining the pockets of the elite politicians to lobby them to cut them breaks and allow them to break the law. If the government would tell them to pound sand they wouldn't be like this.

Our economy wouldn't have nor will it ever go under from these guys filing for bankruptcy. Or GM, or GE or the banks that made bad loans that were required by law. Anyone that says so is spreading lies and participating in fear-mongering. This is all a power grab by our government. They have the banks, our medical system, how much these guys can get paid, and now they want control of the manufacturing. They want to control everything completely, and they will overspend, be the epitome of inefficiency, infringe on every civil liberty we have, abuse their power (like they are now, our Constitution doesn't grant them the power to do any of this) and eventually make only two classes of people. The poor and the rich. That's what's happening. They will punish the middle class underneath an oppressive economic thumb until we cease to exist.

I say good riddance to these horrible businessmen and let stronger better managed companies buy up their assets and improve the market. The government has no authority or reason to do any of this.
I suggest that you get on board with the State Soverignty movement if you have these beliefs. There are MANY states that are currently working on de-constituting the US Federal Government, and resetting it so it does not wield power outside of their Constitutionally enumerated ones.

http://theglennbeck912project.com/

jon-mullen

Guys, the important thing is that we saved the useless, non-producing banking sector and everything's fine now, right?
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

Ray

Conceptual wrote: I suggest that you get on board with the State Soverignty movement if you have these beliefs. There are MANY states that are currently working on de-constituting the US Federal Government, and resetting it so it does not wield power outside of their Constitutionally enumerated ones.

http://theglennbeck912project.com/
Big Ron Paul supporter, hate Lindsey Graham (plan to vote him out now that I live in South Carolina), and am in favor of the ideals of Mark Sanford rejecting Federal money that will accomplish nothing. I have a HUGE Ron Paul sticker in the back window of my truck, which is woefully inefficient and something I don't need (planning to buy a Jetta TDI :D ), and I actively entice fellow people of this great country to wake up. I'm on board, believe me.

This is a terrible blow to the manufacturing section of our economy. We're screwed unless the people of this country get a grip and realize that our current form of government is the most inefficient, wasteful, and corrupt group of people in this country. GM, Chrysler, and all the other that have gotten illegal money have nothing on them.

I'm still waiting for this 'change' that was boasted about from Barack Obama and his group. All I've witnessed is the same lies, corruption, and misdirection of the last horrible president we had. He's is going to continue the opression of the middle class of this country and we are circling the drain faster and faster every day.

EDIT: I can't stand Glenn Beck. He's a day late and a dollar short as far as I'm concerned. Another talking head that has jumped on the bandwagon that all of us have been promoting for the last few years. We were all crying foul on Bush when it was popular, and now are being ridiculed and called 'racist' for denouncing what we always have. Small minded people are bashing our disagreements with Obama under the guise of 'racism' towards a black man in office. He's no different than Bush and we are calling him out on it.

Richard
Richard

Can we get back to cars, not politics please???

donskar
donskar

richard_leeds wrote:Can we get back to cars, not politics please???
+1. Yes, please. Take your political rantings elsewhere.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Belatti
Belatti

So, when do you think we are going to see a Hemi mounted in a FIAT 128?

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

donskar
donskar

Belatti wrote:
So, when do you think we are going to see a Hemi mounted in a FIAT 128?

Heck, I'll settle for the Abarth 500!
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Ray

donskar wrote:
+1. Yes, please. Take your political rantings elsewhere.
No. That's why there are more than just technical forums on this website. It's called general chat, and the things happening today affect everyone in the world. You don't want to read political rants, skip the topic. Simple as that.

Giblet
Giblet

I agree that it is our right to talk about whatever we want, and if you don't like an opinion or what someone is talking about, move on. Anyone who actually gets information from Faux news or Glen Beck can not be held responsible for their own minds. They were somehow led to beleive (probably by their parent sheep) that prime time news is informative, and unbiased, when it is actually only there for ratings for the network, and delivering news is low down on the list of priorities.

Some people are sheep, and are fooled by his ranting and his crying at the mic patriotism. Anyone here who is American, and follows what Glen Beck says, in my opinion, likely has no opinion of their own to begin with.

Politics and cars do go hand in hand, and this thread is about the political side of the automotive industry, so jumping on a user for talking about something that is related, whether you like it or not, is pointless.

Half the reason I wrote this is to defend Ray and his ability to talk about whatever he wants (in the general forum).
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute