2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

DGP123 wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 16:33

That smug grin is unbearable. Can’t stand the bloke.
Glad that AM are moving in the right direction, but Alonso is just incredibly unlikeable.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
The Power of Dreams!

KimiRai
KimiRai

DGP123 wrote:
That smug grin is unbearable. Can’t stand the bloke. Glad that AM are moving in the right direction, but Alonso is just incredibly unlikeable.
Well you're gonna have to like him eventually, because he's the only one capable of making Aston Martin win for the next years.

F1doc
F1doc

KimiRai wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 17:19
DGP123 wrote:
That smug grin is unbearable. Can’t stand the bloke. Glad that AM are moving in the right direction, but Alonso is just incredibly unlikeable.
Well you're gonna have to like him eventually, because he's the only one capable of making Aston Martin win for the next years.
Very true. There is little chance with the current other driver for a win.

However it seems premature to make such statements even before the first competitive round, hence why I stated hubris in my last post.

Alonso Fan

DGP123 wrote:
Agree, all about the marketing now.

Can't blame the guy. He's been trying to get into a top drive for the last 10 years. Gotta give it to him for his drive and motivation especially after the failure of the mclaren Honda project
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Venturiation
Venturiation

vas_04614 wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 18:09

#AMuS reports that apparently the ground clearance of the RB19 is at least 10 millimetres below everyone else [based on what Mercedes observed]. And despite that, still no bouncing issues.

Toto says their floor would break if they would do the same.

#AMuS Another car with similar characteristics as the RB19 is the AMR23. Mercedes engineers claim to have noticed that the AMR23 drives at a lower ride height too, and despite that, gets over the bumps well. It is also strong on corner exit.

#AMuS The comparison with Aston Martin is interesting for Mercedes because they supply Aston Martin with the engine, gearbox and rear suspension.

Aston Martin only makes the front axle, which could indicate that this is where both the secret of Red Bull and Aston Martin lie.
Last edited by Venturiation on 27 Feb 2023, 18:14, edited 2 times in total.

NAPI10
NAPI10

AR3-GP wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 17:49
Mike Krack rejects the hype train: https://www.msn.com/en-sg/sport/motorsp ... li=BBr8Cnr
Well played by Krack =D> =D> =D>

KimiRai
KimiRai

AR3-GP wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 17:49
Mike Krack rejects the hype train: https://www.msn.com/en-sg/sport/motorsp ... li=BBr8Cnr
Well managed and what a team principal should do.

RedNEO

organic wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 15:44
The Aston martin hype train is real and has certainly left the station at testing

https://i.imgur.com/dMjPQTi.jpeg

And Alonso drives the train

https://streamable.com/h68y5n

https://streamable.com/h68y5n
"The last day we did a race simulation, we put fuel for 57 laps. Ferrari was doing the same program as us and we were faster"
It may be true but most often teams do not do this nando
All he’s saying is what Toto and all the engineers already said and know about testing not about the whole season.. he’s not saying that AM will beat Ferrari in the championship like some people are getting all hysterical about lol

Dextercitox
Dextercitox

Just my two cents :

I've watching the race sim last Saturday and like a lot of us, comparing with Ferrari because Sainz goes out just a little bit after. What we know is that AM has made the full race distance and Barhain is one of those tracks where you need high fuel load ( is not Monaco or Singapur ).

Fernando made 57 laps, Carlos for whatever reason made only 37 both with quick tyre changes and no fuel refill. Degradation in the Ferrari didn't look good at all and looks pretty good in the AM, that's a fact.

In the second stint Alo was in C1 and Carlos in C2 and that quick change to C1 in Ferrari perhaps was because the lap times with the C1 in the AM was quite consistent, and perhaps ( again ) they want to check if the C1 was the right tyre .

Let's suppose, both cars start with a "race fuel load for 57 laps", carlos put the C1 with 27 laps made, starting in 37.3 laptime, some laps later he made 36.8 before pit in, and yes, he made some 37's before but you know, you can add more perhaps here, traffic, engine map tests, etc ... And Alo in those same laps, was clearly slower ( also he have more laps on the tyres )...

Too much perhaps, and the reality is that we have only partial data. But what we cant ignore, is that the race sim in the AM looks promising and the car behaviour in the track looks quite well, braking seems very good, turning in slow corners and traction also seems very good, but medium and high speed corners not that much.

The train of hype is difficult to stop, I really like the interview to Mike Krack because we can't forget this year target : "be the best of the rest".

We will have to wait not only this first race, we have to wait at least 3 races to see each car and where we are. Having that low degradation is a very very good sign ( and specially Alo can take good advantage of that in race strategies ) but perhaps it can hurt in Qualy if you can not put enough heat in the tyres ...

We dont know where Mercedes are, we dont know if Ferrari is struggling that much with degradation, and Alpine has been hiding with high fuel loads too. The only thing we know is that RedBull looks 3 steps in front of everybody.

Anyway, the situation looks quite good for this year target, repeat with me "be the best of the rest", if anytime AM can battle with Mercedes or Ferrari in race trim, it will be an incredible step forward for the team this year.

Of course i will love to be wrong and see AM being third in the next week race, but honestly is not what I think. If that's the case, I will pay for my seat in the hype train.

What's the target for this year ??

:D

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

The Ferrari did not have the correct rear wing (allegedly).

RedNEO

AM’s development rate last year from 9th fastest to joint 4th fastest with Alpine/Mcl was already a good omen.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Dextercitox wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 18:55
Having that low degradation is a very very good sign ( and specially Alo can take good advantage of that in race strategies ) but perhaps it can hurt in Qualy if you can not put enough heat in the tyres ...
This is exactly one thing I'm worried about. In fact it feels similar to last year's Aston. Having that great tyre deg might mean difficulty getting heat into the tyres for qualifying.

Second thing I'm worried about: pit stops. They already botched one in testing pretty badly and It could happen again considering it's a young team and there will be pressure if Aston really performs well during the race.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Dextercitox wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 18:55
Just my two cents :

I've watching the race sim last Saturday and like a lot of us, comparing with Ferrari because Sainz goes out just a little bit after. What we know is that AM has made the full race distance and Barhain is one of those tracks where you need high fuel load ( is not Monaco or Singapur ).

Fernando made 57 laps, Carlos for whatever reason made only 37 both with quick tyre changes and no fuel refill. Degradation in the Ferrari didn't look good at all and looks pretty good in the AM, that's a fact.

In the second stint Alo was in C1 and Carlos in C2 and that quick change to C1 in Ferrari perhaps was because the lap times with the C1 in the AM was quite consistent, and perhaps ( again ) they want to check if the C1 was the right tyre .

Let's suppose, both cars start with a "race fuel load for 57 laps", carlos put the C1 with 27 laps made, starting in 37.3 laptime, some laps later he made 36.8 before pit in, and yes, he made some 37's before but you know, you can add more perhaps here, traffic, engine map tests, etc ... And Alo in those same laps, was clearly slower ( also he have more laps on the tyres )...

Too much perhaps, and the reality is that we have only partial data. But what we cant ignore, is that the race sim in the AM looks promising and the car behaviour in the track looks quite well, braking seems very good, turning in slow corners and traction also seems very good, but medium and high speed corners not that much.

The train of hype is difficult to stop, I really like the interview to Mike Krack because we can't forget this year target : "be the best of the rest".

We will have to wait not only this first race, we have to wait at least 3 races to see each car and where we are. Having that low degradation is a very very good sign ( and specially Alo can take good advantage of that in race strategies ) but perhaps it can hurt in Qualy if you can not put enough heat in the tyres ...

We dont know where Mercedes are, we dont know if Ferrari is struggling that much with degradation, and Alpine has been hiding with high fuel loads too. The only thing we know is that RedBull looks 3 steps in front of everybody.

Anyway, the situation looks quite good for this year target, repeat with me "be the best of the rest", if anytime AM can battle with Mercedes or Ferrari in race trim, it will be an incredible step forward for the team this year.

Of course i will love to be wrong and see AM being third in the next week race, but honestly is not what I think. If that's the case, I will pay for my seat in the hype train.

What's the target for this year ??

:D
Beat Redbull to win the championship :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vanja #66

It's good to see a truly inspired Alonso after so many years. Such a shame he wasn't in Ferrari in 2017 and 2018...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie