2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
scuderiabrandon

Re: Ferrari SF23

yinlad wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:04
Sevach wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 07:39
scuderiabrandon wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 01:56

Were lacking in the high speed, this is where we need focusing, were fairly competitive everywhere else.
It's both kind of embarassing that Ferrari is the only of the top cars that lifts in both 3 and 9, and a little bit impressive that it still can beat anyone that isn't RB around a lap.
Leclerc had a bit of a lift in 12 too.
The car is also the one that it's still a little bit affected by porpoising on the straights.

Did they set the car too low for qualy, so that it sits at the perfect height for the race? I'm talking about that theory that in the race cornering gets slower and with less downforce pushing it down the car raises a bit.
If it was too low in quali it's going to much too low with 110kg of fuel on board 🤣
Static ride height doesn't change much on high fuel, in fact Ferrari has had an issue with dynamic ride height changes, when the car is loaded with fuel they don't reach their targeted loads which means the car is running much higher than in qualy.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

They needed to change the entire chassis just to be completely sure.

A deeper investigation will be carried out in Maranello by the way.

Vanja #66

Not entire chassis, just the rear end with gearbox. They should take this chance and put all new PU components into circulation.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

scuderiabrandon

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vanja #66 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:16
Not entire chassis, just the rear end with gearbox. They should take this chance and put all new PU components into circulation.
I would have changed the entire chassis just to be completely safe.

Andres125sx

scuderiabrandon wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 11:33
Andres125sx wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 11:27

Leclerc the only driver on the grid to say something isn't right with his car, have data to back his comments up and
be still slandered. Crazy.
What data?
organic wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 05:28
it was the post before your intial comments, did you just come on a technical forum to chat ---?

He complained about the right rear of the car not being okay during qualifying, here the data shows him losing big chunks of time only through left hand corners? I highly doubt he forgot how to turn left...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just in case you didn´t notice, almost all demanding corners in Montmelo are right hand, so right tires tend to get too cold. Lecrerc suffered from this. Sainz didn´t.

But if you disagree, please enlighten me, what problem with the car will make only one side of the car underperform while the other side performs at high level?

Some driver being unable to put the tires on temperature is not a problem of the car. Will you say the same when that problem to trasnfer heat to the tires will benefit him degradation wise? Or then you will claim how good is Lecrerc because he managed to make longer stints than any othe driver?

It´s a driver style characteristic, with cold temperatures it is a problem, with high temperatures it is a benefit, as simple as that

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:18
Vanja #66 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:16
I would have changed the entire chassis just to be completely safe.
I think they decided on the plan late last night, so making so many changes might not be possible today before the race.

#BlessYouLaddie

scuderiabrandon

Andres125sx wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:19
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

What data?
organic wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 05:28
it was the post before your intial comments, did you just come on a technical forum to chat ---?

He complained about the right rear of the car not being okay during qualifying, here the data shows him losing big chunks of time only through left hand corners? I highly doubt he forgot how to turn left...

Just in case you didn´t notice, almost all demanding corners in Montmelo are right hand, so right tires tend to get too cold. Lecrerc suffered from this. Sainz didn´t.

But if you disagree, please enlighten me, what problem with the car will make only one side of the car underperform while the other side performs at high level?

Some driver being unable to put the tires on temperature is not a problem of the car. Will you say the same when that problem to trasnfer heat to the tires will benefit him degradation wise? Or then you will claim how good is Lecrerc because he managed to make longer stints than any othe driver?

It´s a driver style characteristic, with cold temperatures it is a problem, with high temperatures it is a benefit, as simple as that
Idk maybe a mechanical issue can cause that, but just maybe though

Vanja #66

Andres125sx wrote:

Please keep posting, this is pure gold :lol:

#BlessYouLaddie

Andres125sx

scuderiabrandon wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:22
Andres125sx wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:

To me it is obvious it is a tire temperature problem, he didn´t manage to put right tires on temperature

Just in case some lecrerc fan take this as an attack :roll: I think Lecrerc style is better, degradation is key on current F1, so being kind with tires is a huge benefit. But everything has some positives and some negatives, and in this particular case with a cold track wich was damp few minutes earlier, this characteristic did bite Lecrerc in the ass. But still a better/more beneficial style in general if you ask me :wink:

Andres125sx

Andres125sx wrote:
Just in case some lecrerc fan take this as an attack
My crystal ball is working perfectly, I did see it coming in advance! :mrgreen:
Vanja #66 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:24
Andres125sx wrote:

Please keep posting, this is pure gold :lol:

Contrary to this post from you wich adds nothing to the discussion :roll:

scuderiabrandon

Andres125sx wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:28
scuderiabrandon wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:22
Andres125sx wrote:

To me it is obvious it is a tire temperature problem, he didn´t manage to put right tires on temperature

Just in case some lecrerc fan take this as an attack :roll: I think Lecrerc style is better, degradation is key on current F1, so being kind with tires is a huge benefit. But everything has some positives and some negatives, and in this particular case with a cold track wich was damp few minutes earlier, this characteristic did bite Lecrerc in the ass. But still a better/more beneficial style in general if you ask me :wink:
Unless you are a mechanic in the garage sharing some inside information with us, coming on F1Technical forum in your tea time, how are you so sure that it was definitely a tyre temp issue when the mechanics aren't even sure. :lol:

Vanja #66

Andres125sx wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:29
Contrary to this post from you wich adds nothing to the discussion :roll:
I don't want to get in your way. Please further enlighten us how the tyre temperature changes dramatically on one car of the 20-car grid and only on one side and after everything was OK in the session before with very similar track temperatures? Which side didn't get warm enough, I didn't get that, was it right or left side?

#BlessYouLaddie

bagajohny
bagajohny

Do we know if LEC was able to get the right tyre temperature during quali? Was anything mentioned on the radio? I assume he was able to get the temp right otherwise it doesn't make any sense to replace the whole back end.

LM10
LM10

The fact that they changed the rear of Leclerc - including the gearbox why Leclerc will start from pit lane - tells us that it was not a simple tyre temperature problem.