2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Vanja #66 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:34
Andres125sx wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:29
Contrary to this post from you wich adds nothing to the discussion :roll:
I don't want to get in your way. Please further enlighten us how the tyre temperature changes dramatically on one car of the 20-car grid and only on one side and after everything was OK in the session before with very similar track temperatures? Which side didn't get warm enough, I didn't get that, was it right or left side?
The session before was free practice, quite different to Qualifying :wink:

So you think Perez car also had some mechanical problem? Fair question, please aswer

You think it´s a coincidence that Perez, known as one of the best drivers when we talk about tire managment, didn´t pass Q1 either?

As you look confused, I´ll explain. Right turns build heat on left tires. Lack of long, fast or demanding left hand corners make difficult to build temperature on right tires, so if almost all demanding corners are right hand, right tires will struggle to keep temperature

IMHO, this characteristic of Montmelo track, toghether with Perez and Lecrerc style wich is kind with tires, caused their right tires to be out of temperature, so neither of them passed Q1

I´ll be glad to hear your theory if you disagree with mine, but please, keep it technical

Andres125sx

LM10 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:42
The fact that they changed the rear of Leclerc - including the gearbox why Leclerc will start from pit lane - tells us that it was not a simple tyre temperature problem.
The fact that the starting position was 19th, with only 1 car behind, tell us changing parts of the car is almost free and consequently beneficial for this, and future GPs

That is the only positive of qualifying so back behind, no need for any mechanical problem to change parts, just adding more components to the pool to avoid future penalties since a penalty in this GP is almost free

But if you think the gearbox they changed can be the reason for struggling with left corners, please explain how is that possible :wink:

Vanja #66

Andres125sx wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:43
I´ll be glad to hear your theory if you disagree with mine, but please, keep it technical
Ah dear Andres, that's the whole point, there is no need for theories. Data analysts already shown the extent of the problem with the car and the time lost in left handers. Ferrari changed the whole rear end to make sure it's fixed. Would they really do extra job if there was no need for that?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Leclerc is completely done with the season already and especially with the Team. He realized it's absolutely impossible to win anything with the current Ferrari.

His interviews are too funny.

Worst start of a season ever. Another ruined weekend starting from the pitlane and he is laughing :D :D :D :D

Kyo
Kyo

Xyz22 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 13:13
Leclerc is completely done with the season already and especially with the Team. He realized it's absolutely impossible to win anything with the current Ferrari.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxxg2rCX0AA ... ame=medium

Worst start of a season ever. Another ruined weekend starting from the pitlane and he is laughing :D :D :D :D
Don't think it's that dark. Even if the team managed to not fail him in day to day operations, that RedBull would still be out of reach. He's here to win, so i'd bet he doesn't really care THAT much for a season that has been always written off. He's all in on the changes that Fred is bringing and the possible hope for a brighter future.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Kyo wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 13:48
Xyz22 wrote:

Don't think it's that dark. Even if the team managed to not fail him in day to day operations, that RedBull would still be out of reach. He's here to win, so i'd bet he doesn't really care THAT much for a season that has been always written off. He's all in on the changes that Fred is bringing and the possible hope for a brighter future.
Nothing has changed from last year and nothing will change till they'll make significant improvements to the entire organization.

Kyo
Kyo

Xyz22 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 13:56
Kyo wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:

Nothing has changed from last year and nothing will change till they'll make significant improvements to the entire organization.
It's been only a few months of some changes, with a lot yet to come (as we know we got some people coming still on gardening leave). We still kind of can't really evaluate what Ferrari under Fred looks like.

scuderiabrandon

Kyo wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 13:58
Xyz22 wrote:
Kyo wrote:

It's been only a few months of some changes, with a lot yet to come (as we know we got some people coming still on gardening leave). We still kind of can't really evaluate what Ferrari under Fred looks like.
The hardest part as a fan is realising that the changes only affect in the medium to long term. No immediate effects when going through an internal revolution.

Xyz22
Xyz22

scuderiabrandon wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 14:09
Kyo wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:

The hardest part as a fan is realising that the changes only affect in the medium to long term. No immediate effects when going through an internal revolution.
The issue is that they have not made any structural changes in these 6 months. McL did and we'll see the result of that in due time, but to my knowledge Ferrari didn't do anything.

Kyo
Kyo

Xyz22 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 14:15
scuderiabrandon wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 14:09
Kyo wrote:

The issue is that they have not made any structural changes in these 6 months. McL did and we'll see the result of that in due time, but to my knowledge Ferrari didn't do anything.
If they are aiming to include the outside people in the restructure we might only see official changes at the very end of the season. As it's rumored (formu1a.uno) that some senior redbull personel are on a 6 month gardening leave.

Schippke
Schippke

I know it’s early on in the race… but going from Hard to Soft for Charles so early on? Surely that cannot be tyre wear… and makes little sense for strategy?

Unless they’re just using this race as a bit of a test session…

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Lols so very ferrari like.

I tune in Leclerc 9th ( yet to pit though) but on Hard tyres I thought well may be …..
2 laps later Leclerc back to 17th 😂😂 and even sainz seems like losing a place or two.
Fact - they cant do any anything until that car stops eating the tyres

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Schippke wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 15:34
I know it’s early on in the race… but going from Hard to Soft for Charles so early on? Surely that cannot be tyre wear… and makes little sense for strategy?

Unless they’re just using this race as a bit of a test session…
Imo the whole season as test session

Harvester
Harvester

Leclerc still with the car issue from yesterday. It is noticeble when watching his onboard.

Xyz22
Xyz22

What are they doing on Leclerc side of the garage? I've never seen him driving this badly.
I know that he has completely given up on the season but this is something else.