2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10
NAPI10

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 19:21
Don't forget the track was very green(after the rain) and AMR were one of the first teams to do single lap pace. The longer you wait the better traction you'll get.

Alonso did long runs on Mediums with fuel level like starting the race on Mediums. Stroll did long run pace on Mediums like he would have started on another tire.
Is any comparison available? Hows looking against Ferrari & Mclr?

Macklaren
Macklaren

NAPI10 wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 19:45
diffuser wrote:
Don't forget the track was very green(after the rain) and AMR were one of the first teams to do single lap pace. The longer you wait the better traction you'll get.

Alonso did long runs on Mediums with fuel level like starting the race on Mediums. Stroll did long run pace on Mediums like he would have started on another tire.
Is any comparison available? Hows looking against Ferrari & Mclr?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Alonso's time are extremely consistent. Stroll is simply slow, as expected.
A lion must kill its prey.

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Hopefully this weekend on a track that should suit the car brings back some good results. Although, other teams seem to have indeed out-developed Aston while Aston hasn't made any decent ground themselves.

yinlad

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 20:10
Alonso's time are extremely consistent. Stroll is simply slow, as expected.
1:23.8 vs 1:23.9 average........
MVRC - Panthera

Jambier

max_speed wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 19:23
There will no hiding place after this race. Better if they have got some extra in belly or downtrend will be confirmed. Hype and early season aura of dan follows will soon be fading away.
Indeed
This is THE track of truth.
They will have to be at Canada level OR season is finished

KimiRai
KimiRai

Jambier wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 23:58
Asking for a P2 like it's a walk in the park especially with how close everything is... There have been two already this year and we should have appreciated those more than we did.

scuderiabrandon

Jambier wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 23:58
max_speed wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 19:23
There will no hiding place after this race. Better if they have got some extra in belly or downtrend will be confirmed. Hype and early season aura of dan follows will soon be fading away.
Indeed
This is THE track of truth.
An argument can be made for them not being as competitive in Canada as they looked. Ferrari qualy blunder meant they had to be on the alternative 1 stop strategy which meant they were pretty much out of contention for a podium, although pretty quick in the race. AMR were only marginally quicker than MB (IIRC) and rear limited circuits have been MB weakness since the inception of the W13.

I'm not that in tune with Aston Martin as a team, but surely the upgrades introduced at Canada did not go as planned. My reading of the situation is they tried to drop some the drag and ended up losing too much downforce in the process. This is a really tough balancing act. Ferrari struggled with this, Mercedes struggled with this, I believe Aston Martin are now struggling to find the balance in this regard. I also believe McLaren, who are super quick in the high speed sections but on the draggy side will struggle with this. I believe I've said this before in this thread but only Red Bull have really nailed this. On the other hand you have Williams trying to gain downforce without sacfricing too much drag.

peewon

diffuser wrote:

I dont think they'll get a good result even if they have similar or better race pace than the Mclarens, Mercs and Ferraris. I think if the temps are high, its quite possible that their race pace is better. But they'll probably not qualify very high and they're loosing a massive chunk of time in the last corner so overtaking would seem very unlikely to me. If the upgrade have managed to reduce drag, they certainly havent done much for their high speed cornering.

diffuser

peewon wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 01:07
diffuser wrote:

I dont think they'll get a good result even if they have similar or better race pace than the Mclarens, Mercs and Ferraris. I think if the temps are high, its quite possible that their race pace is better. But they'll probably not qualify very high and they're loosing a massive chunk of time in the last corner so overtaking would seem very unlikely to me. If the upgrade have managed to reduce drag, they certainly havent done much for their high speed cornering.
Alonso made a mistake there on his fast lap. Lost the rear and about 2 tenth.

peewon

diffuser wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 05:41
peewon wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 01:07
diffuser wrote:

Alonso made a mistake there on his fast lap. Lost the rear and about 2 tenth.
Yeah but that's emblematic of handling of the car. Fernando always goes all out. I was watching the Norris on board and he barely looks like he's pushing. Very smooth, no drama. I expect them to have more pace come quali.

Kipck
Kipck

We are not getting into q3 today, season is done.

organic

Kipck wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 12:48
You were saying..

Kipck
Kipck

organic wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 13:07
Kipck wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 12:48
You were saying..
Lol you actually think that was a good lap.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

hoping they are testing next year car parts on this year car as the rules are same, because they themself happy with Position 4 compared to last year standing.