2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10
NAPI10

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

If these upgrades don’t bring improvements;AM’s technical team going to have a tough winter

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

I haven't watched FP3 but the results look terrible. Plus, Alonso being consistently behind Stroll also looks bit weird.
In FP1 it seemed that without his SC3 mistake, Alonso would be on a similar lap time as Norris. Where did that pace go?
Also car looks tricky to drive, judging from the mistakes drivers make.
Is there any hope in sector times or long run pace?

KimiRai
KimiRai

ALO_Power wrote:
28 Oct 2023, 21:49
I haven't watched FP3 but the results look terrible. Plus, Alonso being consistently behind Stroll also looks bit weird.
In FP1 it seemed that without his SC3 mistake, Alonso would be on a similar lap time as Norris. Where did that pace go?
Also car looks tricky to drive, judging from the mistakes drivers make.
Is there any hope in sector times or long run pace?
I think unless a miracle happens that's it. I also found it strange that the car was decent in FP1 but no more after that. Maybe the setup changes didn't work, not sure.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

The last time Stroll outperformed Alonso was Spain? coincidence or no?

SSJ4
SSJ4

so poor honestly. never seen a car regress so much in a season

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Aston Martin broke Parc fermé 2.0

xReVo
xReVo

As I had already said, there was no point in testing that double pillar. They don't understand anything, that's the truth. They better throw away these updates and bring back the Bahrain car.

xReVo
xReVo

The only thing I don't understand is why they worked in Canada.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Mexico is still somewhat of an outlier track. Mercedes always struggled here in their best years.

NAPI10
NAPI10

AM is going to come out with standard response; out upgrade worked as expected but big teams like AT, Alpine, AR
out developed us :x :x

xReVo
xReVo

I have never been as pessimistic as I am now. After today that's enough. 1.7 seconds from the first (with the Alonso reference) is obscene. What have they been up to? This is not acceptable, a car that has achieved 7 podiums. We're not joking. It's time to declare that they did everything wrong and start from scratch. Try to copy Redbull, do anything. The 2024 car continuing like this will compete with Q1. I don't even want to think about something like that

scuderiabrandon

xReVo wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 02:15
I have never been as pessimistic as I am now. After today that's enough. 1.7 seconds from the first (with the Alonso reference) is obscene. What have they been up to? This is not acceptable, a car that has achieved 7 podiums. We're not joking. It's time to declare that they did everything wrong and start from scratch. Try to copy Redbull, do anything. The 2024 car continuing like this will compete with Q1. I don't even want to think about something like that
The concept it very much inline with what Red Bull are doing. Even closer to what Mclaren are doing which is also what Red Bull are doing.

It is clear to me, they've relied too much on something that has now been put off by a technical directive. No team will publicly admit this is the case.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

scuderiabrandon wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 02:45
xReVo wrote:
The concept it very much inline with what Red Bull are doing. Even closer to what Mclaren are doing which is also what Red Bull are doing.

It is clear to me, they've relied too much on something that has now been put off by a technical directive. No team will publicly admit this is the case.
I think we're long past the impact of the technical directive though. Each upgrade now should be improving the car in the new direction. Their design doesn't look too far off RB/Mclaren.

I'm not sure though. Mexico has always been an outlier. COTA was much more competitive and representative.

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 01:05
As I had already said, there was no point in testing that double pillar. They don't understand anything, that's the truth. They better throw away these updates and bring back the Bahrain car.
They used the double pillar rear wing to carry the aero rake to gather aero data in FP1.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 02:54
scuderiabrandon wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 02:45
xReVo wrote:

I think we're long past the impact of the technical directive though. Each upgrade now should be improving the car in the new direction. Their design doesn't look too far off RB/Mclaren.

I'm not sure though. Mexico has always been an outlier. COTA was much more competitive and representative.
Agreed, hopefully the aero data they've gathered helps them with correlation.