Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
chrstphrln

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

CHT wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:14
Venturiation wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 15:38
Watto wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 15:36
Don’t see Ferrari taking CH Lewis is on record as saying his relationship with Vassur was a big reason for the switch.

May have chased his few years ago too much has changed since then
why would ferrari take a team principle that did all those awful things? no team wants him and i wont be suprised if he gets banned from F1
I believe that there must be plenty of such awful things around in F1 touring circus and CH's happen one of very high ranking.

Man will always be Man I think
No. Simply no.
That's the miserable excuse of those who don't want to change.
In the Middle Ages, there were public rapes that affected women who had little male protection. In India, rape is still a huge problem today.
"Man will always be Man"?
No. Socially accepted behaviour is changeable. And there are enough men who have made this change in their minds.
For a damn long time.

stonehenge
stonehenge

chrstphrln wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:30
CHT wrote:
Venturiation wrote:

why would ferrari take a team principle that did all those awful things? no team wants him and i wont be suprised if he gets banned from F1
I believe that there must be plenty of such awful things around in F1 touring circus and CH's happen one of very high ranking.

No. Simply no.
In the Middle Ages, there were public rapes that affected women who had little male protection. In India, rape is still a huge problem today.
No. Socially accepted behaviour is changeable. And there are enough men who have made this change in their minds.
For a damn long time.
The responses from some people in this thread highlight exactly why F1 needs to make it clear what is and what is not acceptable conduct for senior leaders of the sport.

Watto
Watto

Venturiation wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:24
max is done
The source is the Dutch paper that’s been in the news from the beginning while gives some weight it’s also likely Jos that leaked it isn’t necessarily what Max think. But I can understand the sway Jos may have with Max, but Jos thinks the controversy will destroy the team is also the one throwing fuel on the fire saying Max could walk publicly

Logie
Logie

100% Max dont care about the situation, aslong as hes got a good car and winning races, thats all drivers care about winning

Watto
Watto

chrstphrln wrote:
CHT wrote:
Venturiation wrote:

No. Simply no.
For a damn long time.
Agree don’t think the old age excuse cuts it these days- a lot like Markos comments last year on Checco - don’t think he meant it as racist but a product of when he was bough up

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

stonehenge wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:34
chrstphrln wrote:
CHT wrote:

No. Simply no.
For a damn long time.
The responses from some people in this thread highlight exactly why F1 needs to make it clear what is and what is not acceptable conduct for senior leaders of the sport.
Why are people taking everything that is written in the media as literal truth. We don’t know by far enough about what actually occurred to make any judgements. We are all entitled to our own opinions but not about our own facts.

I think you’ll find that the majority consensus is that IF he has done what people CLAIM he has done, he should step down as his position would be untenable. But without facts this is absolutely not a position that can be posited as the truth.

If anything, it’s the political skullduggery that may well be his downfall, not the actual “indiscretion” for want of a better word.

Mattchu

FW17 wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 14:31
Did you wonder if RBR reports to

That building is frickin awesome =D>

Watto
Watto

Logie wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:39
100% Max dont care about the situation, aslong as hes got a good car and winning races, thats all drivers care about winning
He may well walk if unhappy I don’t discount that for a moment, but I question if leaks maybe very selective/designed to suit a purpose

Logie
Logie

Watto wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:42
Logie wrote:
He may well walk if unhappy I don’t discount that for a moment, but I question if leaks maybe very selective/designed to suit a purpose
Agree its possible at the end of the season but i dont see anything happening during, i hate RB winning, i dont like Max winning, i hate GP's radio comments but to be fair to Max he lets his driving do the talking.

Its a whole mad situation, love to know if its true Horner tried ot buy out RB side on the sly using a holding company as i read he dislikes RB as they are just a drinks company who slaps their logo on the side of the car.

Makes sense that Marko and RB + Jos want to force him out. This incident comming out with employee + CH must of been music to RB/Marko/Jos ears as a way to try force Horner out.

But as said above the likes of us will prob never know the truth

dans79

Watto wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:42
Logie wrote:
Probably, but it all comes down to whoever said no, stop, enough, etc first.
201 105 104 9 9 7

balex
balex

The best thing about this is I get to enjoy that tasty hit of scandal (that I don't want to admit I love), while still getting to pretend like I care about the victims (despite relishing all this private information being dragged through the public eye).

Did I miss any actual facts coming out since the RB announcement on the conclusion of the investigation, or are we still safe to pick and choose from the crap spewed by various "journalists" to affirm what we want to believe to be true?

Thanks!

myurr
myurr

Venturiation wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:24
max is done
Who can blame him. Max may not have had the best of role models but he seems to have turned out as a respectable decent man. Any decent man would be appalled at the way Horner has behaved (presuming it's true, which Max is in a position to know more or less for sure).

myurr
myurr

stonehenge wrote:
chrstphrln wrote:
CHT wrote:

No. Simply no.
For a damn long time.
Thankfully the law already does that, and if the leaks are genuine then Horner broke the law, as have Red Bull in covering it up. It's amazing how misguided many posters' moral compass is proving to be.

Quantum

balex wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:54
The best thing about this is I get to enjoy that tasty hit of scandal (that I don't want to admit I love), while still getting to pretend like I care about the victims (despite relishing all this private information being dragged through the public eye).

Did I miss any actual facts coming out since the RB announcement on the conclusion of the investigation, or are we still safe to pick and choose from the crap spewed by various "journalists" to affirm what we want to believe to be true?

Thanks!
Red Bull haven't released any facts of their investigation. Compounding the problem.
We don't even know if it was thorough. Judging by the leaks(if genuine), it might have just been a whitewash coverup.
"Interplay of triads"

chrstphrln

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:40
stonehenge wrote:
chrstphrln wrote:

No. Simply no.
For a damn long time.
Why are people taking everything that is written in the media as literal truth. We don’t know by far enough about what actually occurred to make any judgements. We are all entitled to our own opinions but not about our own facts.

I think you’ll find that the majority consensus is that IF he has done what people CLAIM he has done, he should step down as his position would be untenable. But without facts this is absolutely not a position that can be posited as the truth.

If anything, it’s the political skullduggery that may well be his downfall, not the actual “indiscretion” for want of a better word.
That's right, but you can see that not everyone here can agree with this consensus.
It becomes absurd when they also believe they can put forward universally valid theses on acceptable male behaviour.

I think that contradiction is absolutely necessary, completely detached from the actual topic of this thread.