Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
langedweil

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

mendis wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 12:28
langedweil wrote:
06 Mar 2024, 05:50
Proper piece from Joe.
This part is naive though :

The distribution list included a number of very confidential email addresses and so had to have been created by someone who is very well-connected in the F1 business.
On the basis of that report, if one has to believe, one can say Joe wasn't really being naive. Isn't it.
It is actually very naive to think it must be like that. Sure, it's a possibility, but no where near a necessity to have access to these kind of emailaddresses.
HuggaWugga !

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 13:39
mendis wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 13:32
f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 13:29

So, this needs punishing by jail, but a bit of sexual intimidation from a CEO to an employee, naaa that’s nothing?
Is that right.
KC barrister and Red Bull GmbH has cleared Horner of wrong doing. If you or the woman thinks the decision was unfair, then a criminal court case is an option to seek it. As much as it's an option for Horner to take Marko to court, "IF" Red Bull finds out it was Marko who leaked it. I would support a court decision in both cases. Would you?
KC barrister never cleared anyone, how many times do you need to be told that.

The Thai owners cleared their own son of the murder of a policeman, do you think that means anything? Do you think Redbull clearing anything means anything.

I support the whistleblowers when it is uncovering the abuse of employees and is covered up by the company, I think everyone should. I take it you think the people who uncovered Harvey weinstein should now be in jail for coming forward?

Redbull have now offered 1 million to the woman to try and prevent a court case, seems they have something to hide
You are willing to believe hearsay and quote it here but others saying same is not acceptable? KC clearing Horner is not fact but Thai cleared their son and Red Bull offered money is? Do you have an official source?
Last edited by mendis on 09 Mar 2024, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

Watto wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 14:41

Marko leaking would make some sense. It would likely explain why messages leaked but not the KC report if it found wrongdoing on Horners part but RB chose to ignore it or if it was a small report designed to clear Horner.

I’d be curious too to hear from some lawyers over whistleblower protection laws vs data/confidentiality laws as reading a few people’s views on it it’s a very very complex area arguments in both sides can be made.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... actice.pdf

mendis
mendis

chrisc90 wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 14:52
Watto wrote:

Marko leaking would make some sense. It would likely explain why messages leaked but not the KC report if it found wrongdoing on Horners part but RB chose to ignore it or if it was a small report designed to clear Horner.

I’d be curious too to hear from some lawyers over whistleblower protection laws vs data/confidentiality laws as reading a few people’s views on it it’s a very very complex area arguments in both sides can be made.
Does leaking confidential information that was part of a sexual harassment case, comes under Whistle blowing?

Watto
Watto

f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 14:40

Where are the Ferrari Newey reports coming from?
The only thing a quick search brings up is some vague comments from Hamilton that it’s possible his move showed it was.

And a Sports Illustrated article saying a Ferrari have targeted key Red Bull staff but they aren’t targeting the likes of Newey or Waché because of the extended gardening leave period; but there could be someone else

f1jcw
f1jcw

mendis wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 14:51

You are willing to believe hearsay and quote it here but others saying same is not acceptable? KC clearing Horner is not fact but Thai cleared their son and Red Bull offered money is? Do you have an official source?
Oh my god, do you think the Thai son story is now fake!

f1jcw
f1jcw

mendis wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 14:54
chrisc90 wrote:
Watto wrote:

Does leaking confidential information that was part of a sexual harassment case, comes under Whistle blowing?
When they are paying 1 million pounds to brush it under the carpet then, then it needs to be whistleblown.

izzy
izzy

Watto wrote:
The Kings Counsel barrister would be well out on a limb if the messages were genuine, wouldn't they, to have just ignored them. Or Red Bull GMBH if they ignored a report that found there was coercive behaviour. 100 was it? Screenshots! When if they were genuine she could just click "Export" , once!

The whole point of the screenshots had to be to slip in some fake ones. So I'm thinking talking about 'leaking' is going down a bit of a misleading path.

Meanwhile someone briefed RTL, and who would that be? That's right, the faker, so I'm not trusting that either.

Watto
Watto

chrisc90 wrote:
Watto wrote:

Thank but if there is one thing I learnt following an investigation like this is, be wary of non lawyer’s interpretation of legal terms/jargon as they often get things very very wrong.

f1jcw
f1jcw

izzy wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 15:00
Watto wrote:
The Kings Counsel barrister would be well out on a limb if the messages were genuine, wouldn't they, to have just ignored them. Or Red Bull GMBH if they ignored a report that found there was coercive behaviour. 100 was it? Screenshots! When if they were genuine she could just click "Export" , once!

The whole point of the screenshots had to be to slip in some fake ones. So I'm thinking talking about 'leaking' is going down a bit of a misleading path.

Meanwhile someone briefed RTL, and who would that be? That's right, the faker, so I'm not trusting that either.
No, the reason for the screen shots was that they was demanded they be deleted.

So it would have been

Chat
Screenshot
Delete as requested

chrisc90

mendis wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 14:54
chrisc90 wrote:
Watto wrote:

I doubt it, but I could be wrong.

Leaking confidential information comes under disciplinary.

I could be wrong though. 1st link on google.: https://www.allenovery.com/en-gb/global ... -a-defence

izzy
izzy

f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 15:02

So it would have been

Chat
Screenshot
Delete as requested
you can delete an email with the text file, you don't need screenshots to have something to delete.

AMG.Tzan

So on X they’re reporting that Horner paid 700K to the woman in question and Red Bull upped that to 1M! An innocent person wouldn’t pay probably! Which pretty much says that you can do whatever you like with a woman as long as you’ve got enough money as compensation…

This is ridiculous! F1 and the FIA are sleeping if this is true! This is way bigger than just Horner having an affair! This should get the whole team into sanctions and stuff even more than McLaren back in 2007…

This isn’t just a small matter! How can you cover up such a story at times like these where women are fighting for their rights in cases like this?? Unbelievable…

But we’ve got Ben at the top only caring about the fake image of this sport and getting the results he wants! What do you expect really…

I mean…Lewis wearing jewelry looked like a bigger problem for the sport to him! :lol:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

f1jcw
f1jcw

izzy wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 15:08
f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 15:02

So it would have been

Chat
Screenshot
Delete as requested
you can delete an email with the text file, you don't need screenshots to have something to delete.
You do if you are retaining evidence of harassment and then proving you have deleted the messages as requested

f1jcw
f1jcw

AMG.Tzan wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 15:10
So on X they’re reporting that Horner paid 700K to the woman in question and Red Bull upped that to 1M! An innocent person wouldn’t pay probably! Which pretty much says that you can do whatever you like with a woman as long as you’ve got enough money as compensation…

This is ridiculous! F1 and the FIA are sleeping if this is true! This is way bigger than just Horner having an affair! This should get the whole team into sanctions and stuff even more than McLaren back in 2007…

This isn’t just a small matter! How can you cover up such a story at times like these where women are fighting for their rights in cases like this?? Unbelievable…

But we’ve got Ben at the top only caring about the fake image of this sport and getting the results he wants! What do you expect really…

I mean…Lewis wearing jewelry looked like a bigger problem for the sport to him! :lol:
This is what gets me, the people who pass the leaks of as nothing to see here, say that’s nothing, are suddenly getting upset at the leaker and even want prison sentences!
It seems abuse of a women or employee is nothing, but sharing the info is wrong!